Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Possible Tony Martin News!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great Possible Tony Martin News!

    I just read Joes article on Black Sabbath Online, regarding the Tony Martin CD'S.

    Here is the link: http://www.black-sabbath.com/2013/08...luxe-editions/
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

  • #2
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I just read Joes article on Black Sabbath Online, regarding the Tony Martin CD'S.

    Here is the link: http://www.black-sabbath.com/2013/08...luxe-editions/
    That is GREAT news OID. Tony Martin era is some great stuff that deserves the deluxe treatment. In the words of Tom Petty "the waiting is the hardest part". We've waited so long already and given the unfortunate lack of popularity of these albums who knows where they stand on Tonys' priority list. Hopefully it's up there...my TYR cassette is wearing out. Rock on dude.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by turch118 View Post
      That is GREAT news OID. Tony Martin era is some great stuff that deserves the deluxe treatment. In the words of Tom Petty "the waiting is the hardest part". We've waited so long already and given the unfortunate lack of popularity of these albums who knows where they stand on Tonys' priority list. Hopefully it's up there...my TYR cassette is wearing out. Rock on dude.
      I hear you Turch, I just recently had to purchase my Tony Martin CD's used from Amazon, my cassettes weren't sounding so good, I bought them when they first came out back in the 80's and 90's.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm a huge fan of the Martin era, and would like to see these albums get a little love. I even love Forbidden, and never understood why people turn their noses up at it. I like it so much, I even thought Ice-T sounded cool on Illusion of Power. My belief is that despite intentions, the likelihood of this happening is low at the present moment. Tony is living for today, and I can't see him having the time or desire to spend his good health on this project. If he has the energy, I believe he will put it back into the current band, and some further works with Ozzy and Geezer. I suspect the Martin remasters will sit indefinitely on Tony's "to-do" list, with the best of intentions to deal with them eventually. You know what the say about good intentions. Great update nonetheless. Fingers crossed.
        Last edited by Now in Darkness; 08-26-2013, 12:41 AM.
        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

        Comment


        • #5
          Another great article by Joe. Great read.

          I do hope that the DE's will happen next year. I'd rather have those than another year of touring to be honest.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think they won't release them until after 2014. But surely we shall get Martin remasters and remixes!
            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
            Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

            Comment


            • #7
              Hell Yeah!

              HELL YEAH! I love the Tony Martin Era of Sabbath, it'll be great to update his Era with the Deluxe Editions. Hopefully now his era will be given the credit its worth, and in this day and age I think it will do better than it did because of the younger fans who wasn't around for most of their career and doesn't have the "Ozzy Only" or "Dio Only" opinions. I should know I'm only 20 :p but I have all of Sabbath's albums and I rate the Tony Martin Era as equally as the Ozzy or Dio Eras. I do believe that younger fans warmed to Tony Martin easier than long term Sabbath fans because younger fans don't have that opinion there's only one Sabbath!. I reckon that there'll be more younger fans buying these albums and if not I'm gonna buy them Hell Yes! :p

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SabbathsValhalla View Post
                HELL YEAH! I love the Tony Martin Era of Sabbath, it'll be great to update his Era with the Deluxe Editions. Hopefully now his era will be given the credit its worth, and in this day and age I think it will do better than it did because of the younger fans who wasn't around for most of their career and doesn't have the "Ozzy Only" or "Dio Only" opinions. I should know I'm only 20 :p but I have all of Sabbath's albums and I rate the Tony Martin Era as equally as the Ozzy or Dio Eras. I do believe that younger fans warmed to Tony Martin easier than long term Sabbath fans because younger fans don't have that opinion there's only one Sabbath!. I reckon that there'll be more younger fans buying these albums and if not I'm gonna buy them Hell Yes! :p
                At your age, it makes perfect sense that you would identify most with this era. I love it too, although the Ozzy era is my fave. I only need Forbidden on vinyl, and then I will be able to proudly say that I have all of the Martin albums on vinyl.
                Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                  At your age, it makes perfect sense that you would identify most with this era. I love it too, although the Ozzy era is my fave. I only need Forbidden on vinyl, and then I will be able to proudly say that I have all of the Martin albums on vinyl.
                  I hope you get it NID, the Martin CD's are hard enough to get, I can imagine the Vinyl's. I know what it's like to try and complete a collection.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    I hope you get it NID, the Martin CD's are hard enough to get, I can imagine the Vinyl's. I know what it's like to try and complete a collection.
                    Thanks OID. The thrill of the hunt keeps us inspired, right? I have been negotiating on a copy, but we are at an impasse presently. This record is rare, but the prices are inflated beyond reason these days. You still enjoying the Martin stuff OID?
                    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                      Thanks OID. The thrill of the hunt keeps us inspired, right? I have been negotiating on a copy, but we are at an impasse presently. This record is rare, but the prices are inflated beyond reason these days. You still enjoying the Martin stuff OID?
                      Yes I am NID, last weekend I listened to the Eternal Idol mostly, I've grown to like this album a lot, really liked Scarlet Pimpernel, thought it was beautiful.

                      I hope you get it NID, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

                      Thanks for the nice words over at the Zeppelin forum.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                        Yes I am NID, last weekend I listened to the Eternal Idol mostly, I've grown to like this album a lot, really liked Scarlet Pimpernel, thought it was beautiful.

                        I hope you get it NID, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

                        Thanks for the nice words over at the Zeppelin forum.
                        Heh heh. You are welcome. That place is like a ghost town now that there is nothing to look forward to on the Zeppelin horizon. I thought for sure someone would answer my question about the Tour Over Europe poster.

                        There is something about the Martin era that I really like. I think, in part, it comes down to cheering for the underdog, and the guy that deserved to be treated much better than he was; but I also really enjoy the music too. Its kind of sad how the Martin era has been treated by the fans and the band.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                          Heh heh. You are welcome. That place is like a ghost town now that there is nothing to look forward to on the Zeppelin horizon. I thought for sure someone would answer my question about the Tour Over Europe poster.

                          There is something about the Martin era that I really like. I think, in part, it comes down to cheering for the underdog, and the guy that deserved to be treated much better than he was; but I also really enjoy the music too. Its kind of sad how the Martin era has been treated by the fans and the band.
                          He did deserve to be treated a lot better, that we all can agree on, and I'm also hoping they release a Black Sabbath Box set with the Martin years, I'll buy that in a jiffy.

                          I joined the Zeppelin forum a couple of weeks ago.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                            He did deserve to be treated a lot better, that we all can agree on, and I'm also hoping they release a Black Sabbath Box set with the Martin years, I'll buy that in a jiffy.

                            I joined the Zeppelin forum a couple of weeks ago.
                            You joined before me. I joined because I knew you were over there. Considering how long I have been a major LZ fan, it took me a long time to formalize the deal!!
                            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                              You joined before me. I joined because I knew you were over there. Considering how long I have been a major LZ fan, it took me a long time to formalize the deal!!
                              When I say I was into Zeppelin, I was into them, I read their book Hammer Of The Gods, good book. Not as much I as was, am and always will be into Sabbath though, that will be forever and ever and eternity.

                              Let's keep hoping for the Martin Black Box!!! I'll will it, you get the Forbidden LP.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X