Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headless Cross vinyl - rare?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Headless Cross vinyl - rare?

    I bought Headless Cross years ago. It still has a laminate wrap on it although I took enough off to get the record out.
    I can never see the record anywhere on the net or in shops? Is it quite rare, does anyone know?

  • #2
    Originally posted by spreadshiswings View Post
    I bought Headless Cross years ago. It still has a laminate wrap on it although I took enough off to get the record out.
    I can never see the record anywhere on the net or in shops? Is it quite rare, does anyone know?
    Well, its all relative. All of the Tony Martin era albums are pretty rare, comparatively speaking, but the HC and Eternal Idol albums are the least rare. Generally an average price would be $35-$45 for an LP in good shape, although the odd one goes for more. Hang on to it, as all that Martin stuff is the most collectible, based on the numbers printed back in the day. There are lots on Ebay.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 09-18-2013, 03:47 PM.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hold onto it man. All the Tony Martin stuff is hard to find.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've seen the basic album in good shape sold for 10$ - 65$. The Devil And Daughter single box set with the post cards and tour sheet 25$ - 200$
        Pain and Poison Roses

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks. Definitely could never get rid of it, too many memories, was just curious as I never seem to see it anywhere
          thanks guys

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by spreadshiswings View Post
            Thanks. Definitely could never get rid of it, too many memories, was just curious as I never seem to see it anywhere
            thanks guys
            I have a Headless Cross original, when it was first released.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

            Comment


            • #7
              Headless Cross is the only Martin-era album I have on Vinyl. Wouldn't dream of parting with that!

              Bought it a long time ago from an internet auction for mere pennies...in pretty damn good condition as well!

              Comment


              • #8
                I have a portugese press which plays great, got it for 150SEK (a bit more than 15€). They are quite rare I guess, but I don't think my copy will be worth that much in the future, the original UK pressing might be something though...
                "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

                "In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

                My first album!!!:
                http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
                  I have a portugese press which plays great, got it for 150SEK (a bit more than 15€). They are quite rare I guess, but I don't think my copy will be worth that much in the future, the original UK pressing might be something though...
                  Mine's Spanish...

                  It's kinda funny what I've got...Black Sabbath is Australian, Paranoid is UK, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is Finnish(!!), Sabotage is Dutch, Live Evil is US, Headless Cross is Spanish... Back in the day those were pressed all over the world...probably cheaper that way...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
                    I have a portugese press which plays great, got it for 150SEK (a bit more than 15€). They are quite rare I guess, but I don't think my copy will be worth that much in the future, the original UK pressing might be something though...
                    The US and CDN pressings are the most valuable for some reason. I suppose on this run there were limited runs in North America.
                    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Charger View Post
                      Mine's Spanish...

                      It's kinda funny what I've got...Black Sabbath is Australian, Paranoid is UK, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is Finnish(!!), Sabotage is Dutch, Live Evil is US, Headless Cross is Spanish... Back in the day those were pressed all over the world...probably cheaper that way...
                      Hehe yeah I've noticed that too, I've got a russian Cross Purposes, both russian and german Paranoid, mexican Born Again and the list could go on for quite a while. The russian presses are quite bad though, nothing I recommend, but I don't think Cross Purposes was pressed in so many countries on vinyl so I took the chance, and my german Paranoid is first press (with Big Bear credit which was deleted after the first press as I understand it) so I don't wanna play it ^^

                      Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                      The US and CDN pressings are the most valuable for some reason. I suppose on this run there were limited runs in North America.
                      Yeah since the tour focused on Europe for that album this makes sense.
                      "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                      -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

                      "In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                      - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

                      My first album!!!:
                      http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have to check where my copy was pressed, never bothered to look at that, I know I bought it when it was first released, so maybe it was pressed here.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Finally got the Headless Cross 12" single with Cloak And Dagger as the B-side!

                          Original UK print too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Charger View Post
                            Finally got the Headless Cross 12" single with Cloak And Dagger as the B-side!

                            Original UK print too.

                            Sweet Charger! Looks like an item suitable for the Collector's Corner thread.
                            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X