HAPPY 20th CROSS PURPOSES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    I think that goes for other threads as well like the "Sabbath says they're down for making a new album" thread where people just launched in with "Ozzmosis is a piece of shit" without backing it up with any real substance, I don't even know what Ozzmosis has to do with the possibility of Sabbath doing a new album anyway? It seems only the want to antagonise is their main motivation.
    I mentioned how ideally, I would have liked the Sabbath album that ended up being 13 to have been in the vein of Ozzmosis and Bill Ward's Ward One: Along The Way- that's what kicked it off.

Anyhoo, Psychophobia is such a killer song...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
      I think that goes for other threads as well like the "Sabbath says they're down for making a new album" thread where people just launched in with "Ozzmosis is a piece of shit" without backing it up with any real substance, I don't even know what Ozzmosis has to do with the possibility of Sabbath doing a new album anyway? It seems only the want to antagonise is their main motivation.

Anyhow good review Charger, I like a lot of the TM era but I don't love it. Cross Purposes for me along with HC was the best album of that era. It's certainly the heaviest and doomiest and most resembles the more classic Sabbath sound out of all the Martin albums, and as you say still holds up well today. Hard to believe its been 20 years!!
      Three words: "My Little Man" if you need me to go deeper I will. Seeing someone criticize 13 and rejoice the praises of Ozzy's musical career going into the shitter just provoked a knee jerk reaction in me. I'm not apologizing here because I'm not the least bit sorry. I'm just trying to explain my flawed rationale.
      Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Happy Birthday Cross Purposes, hard to believe it's been 20 years already.

Comment

Working...
        X