Clear All

• Ray Rules
    replied
    Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Vad är det här för trams, El Lobo?
    Vi vet ju allihopa att Dehumanizer är en kanonplatta [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Visst, en kanontråkig platta, utan tvekan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bedre end Boten Anna! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, who will translate?

Leave a comment:

• UnderTheSun
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    No sweat. We had Aqua, so we should be even now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But hey! Aqua is actually a very very good band! Songs like Barbie Girl always make me cry and make me smile in the same time. So muscially beautiful. And I just looove the lyrics!

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

No sweat. We had Aqua, so we should be even now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• UnderTheSun
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Vi vet ju allihopa att Dehumanizer är en kanonplatta [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Visst, en kanontråkig platta, utan tvekan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, we are ashamed! *Takes a step away from the Swedish flag*

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave a comment:

• rar
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Most of the stuff just sounds very dated to me. I mean, this version of the band released more albums in the 90's than the 80's! And they're all drenched in synth strings and throaty operatic vocals!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!! Synth strings and throaty operatic vocals! Couldn't have said it better myself! That's the way I feel too. I've never said it's horrible, just bland, boring, and "dated" as you've also said. I mean, if I was forced to listen to it, I wouldn't die. But by choice and in the TM era being compared to the rest of Sabbath, I see TM as a downfall from the rest. That's all I have to say.

Leave a comment:

• El Lobo
    replied

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Ashley is right. Lets try to maintain civility please.

Freddy, I appreciate your opinions. If the Martin fans seem a little more rabid, keep in mind that the Martin era probably does get the least amount of recongnition and respect overall, which naturally makes the fans of that era more vocal in defending it. You know the old rental car commercials for Avis? "We Try Harder". Its kind of like that. (Of couse if these commercials never made it to Denmark, then you'll have to create your own analogy )

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly. Let's end this before the mudflinging enters. But no midget-talk, please! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I see the point, being a big fan of the Gillan-led Black Sabbath myself, and thus a fan of what has been called "their worst album" by quite a number of people. I confess I've never seen an Avis commercial, but I think I get the point! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm listening to the Dehumanizer Demos as I type. In these Dio is attemting to sound like he did on his first two albums with Sabbath and his voice just can't take it. I think he changed his voice because of wear and tear Dio's been singing longer than almost anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... I think he nailed his old singing style pretty good when performing the old material live on the Dehumanizer tour, so he probably tried getting back into training. For the final product, I think it was a case of the material being louder and more aggressive, so he ended up adopting his voice for that. Too Late is pretty much the only quiet song on the album!

Leave a comment:

• Psycho Man
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    At least Dio tried singing Dehumanizer differently, which ended up pretty good, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm listening to the Dehumanizer Demos as I type. In these Dio is attemting to sound like he did on his first two albums with Sabbath and his voice just can't take it. I think he changed his voice because of wear and tear Dio's been singing longer than almost anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Damian
    replied

Ashley is right. Lets try to maintain civility please.

Freddy, I appreciate your opinions. If the Martin fans seem a little more rabid, keep in mind that the Martin era probably does get the least amount of recongnition and respect overall, which naturally makes the fans of that era more vocal in defending it. You know the old rental car commercials for Avis? "We Try Harder". Its kind of like that. (Of couse if these commercials never made it to Denmark, then you'll have to create your own analogy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ashley Dalby
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    All in all, I'm just tired to see people defending Martin no matter what. I like a lot of the stuff he did with Sabbath and I think he deserves as much a fanbase as Ozzy and Dio, but the guy wasn't as perfect like many people make him. None of them were!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Why this Martin fan base bothers you and RAR so much? I mean, Ozzy have his army, Dio have his midget army, why can't the Poor Tony Martin have people who defend him no mather what? Did we said that he's not bald? No, because it's a fact, he's bald. We are only saying that his style is way better than Dio's, and that's not a fact, it's a matter of opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I cant find or think of anything here that isn't based on a persons own respective opinion. I'm certain no one here talks in someone else opinion unless your JackZepStripper [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Since my previous post was ignored I will say the exact same thing again:

[ QUOTE ]
    Cant we just say that both are great singers, both have released very good material while in Sabbath as well as outside of the band?
    I mean seriously, does it really matter who is better?
    It seems that is where this thread has gone, a verses battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

It doesn't really bother me that way - I consider myself to be a Martin fan as well. I just don't like blind worshipping, whether we're talking about Ozzy, Dio, Martin or whatever. I know I'm new here, but my impression is that Martin fans just tend to be most eager to prove others wrong no matter what. It's probably a coincidence, but really, it's not fun trying to get an argument across when you get 20 annoyed smileys slammed in your face.

I'm gonna stop arguing here. My only point being that it's way easier making an interesting debate if one tries to be a little objective about things like this.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    All in all, I'm just tired to see people defending Martin no matter what. I like a lot of the stuff he did with Sabbath and I think he deserves as much a fanbase as Ozzy and Dio, but the guy wasn't as perfect like many people make him. None of them were!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why this Martin fan base bothers you and RAR so much? I mean, Ozzy have his army, Dio have his midget army, why can't the Poor Tony Martin have people who defend him no mather what? Did we said that he's not bald? No, because it's a fact, he's bald. We are only saying that his style is way better than Dio's, and that's not a fact, it's a matter of opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

And Tony Martin kept the same 80's voice on most of the tracks, making them sound very dated to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, please teach me to change my voice. I'd like to have a 1960s voice. Oh, and having a 3000's voice would be sooooo cool man. (I'm talking to you with my 1920's voice at this moment).

[/ QUOTE ]

It was early morning, okay? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] This is easy to misread when I look at it now. What I meant was obviously his singing voice. His way of singing hasn't really dated well. Calling it an "80's" way of singing might sound silly to you, but Martin did keep the same way of singing. He does have a good voice range, so it wouldn't have been impossible for him to try out something new once in a while. What I'm trying to say is that out of all of the Sabbath singers, I don't think Martin's singing has dated very good.

As for Dehumanizer, well, to each his own. I'm glad I remembered the "in my opinion", cause that seems to be the problem about these discussions - most of us (probably myself included) end up being quite self-righteous or at least looking like that. I happen to enjoy the album (and Dio's singing) a lot - it's one of my favourites.

Leave a comment:

• Psycho Man
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Tyr (okay, that one can be excused since it's only from 1990), Cross Purposes and Forbidden were released in the 90's weren't they? And Tony Martin kept the same 80's voice on most of the tracks, making them sound very dated to me. At least Dio tried singing Dehumanizer differently, which ended up pretty good, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because it is a new decade singers have to change how they sound? Tony has no control over the changing of time. A lot of people who stumbled over Scary Dreams thought that is was a demo from the 70s which was 30 years later. While on the otherhand CP and Forbidden were 2 and 5 years later than it was "the 80s". He aswell as many other musicians is consisstent, now thats not to say he hasn't changed, but he has been pretty solid forever.

Look at Judas Priest. IMO Hell Bent For Leather sounds a ,ot ike Ram It Down, two songs separated by many many years and they both kick ass.

Perhaps the reason Dio didn't sing on Dehumanizer the way he did on H&H or The Mob Rules is because he couldn't sing that way anymore. He had used that type of singing in his solo stuff before Dehumanizer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X