Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

[ QUOTE ]
    tony martin once said in a interview he considers the song children of the sea more his than dio's just because he's been singing it in sabbath longer than dio. such a blasphemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow what a load of green crap. Why say something like that? I mean sure he's been singing it longer than Dio in Sabbath, but that doesn't make it his. It's not like he's written anything on it! Geez I'm mad now... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Off to the boots section! I must hear this!
    -rar

Comment

I don't like this either.
      "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Where can one hear that statement?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I don't like this either.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't like what? that Tony said that?
          -rar

Comment

I've listened to Tony Martin sing CotS, and I think he does it quite well. But, first of all I prefer Dio's version and second of all, it's still not his song. why not just say that Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are his albums too? Because you know he had a LOT of success thanks to those albums...not! that was Dio Sabbath. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            -rar

Comment

I diagree with Tony's words but I do understand where he is comming from. There are a lot of Ozzy's songs that he's never played live and if and band becomes famous and plays that at every one of their shows it will be more linked to them. I guess Tony felt that because he sang it with Sabbath for ten years it was recognized with him more, however I disagree with him on that point.
              "I want to tell you, yeah
              How Good It Feels
              Sleeping here with you tonight
              And that’s for real"
              -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

I recognize Dio when I think of that song not Tony Martin. I can understand him singing a song that he worte whil in sabbath but that is clearly Dios song unless Tony is making it a tribute to Dio which is kinda unlikely.

Comment

take a song like Diamonds and Rust or Knocking On Heavens Door. they are two popular covers from two popular bands, Judas Priest and Guns N' Roses. However those aren't their songs, Rob and Axl never wrote them.
                  How Good It Feels
                  And that’s for real"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I diagree with Tony's words but I do understand where he is comming from. There are a lot of Ozzy's songs that he's never played live and if and band becomes famous and plays that at every one of their shows it will be more linked to them. I guess Tony felt that because he sang it with Sabbath for ten years it was recognized with him more, however I disagree with him on that point.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    oh I understand where he's coming from, but since he's so unpopular in the first place, if I were him I wouldn't want people who have heard of me pissed off at me! But yeah I can see where he'd pull that from.
                    -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I recognize Dio when I think of that song not Tony Martin. I can understand him singing a song that he worte whil in sabbath but that is clearly Dios song unless Tony is making it a tribute to Dio which is kinda unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Of course, it's a Dio Sabbath song.
                      -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        take a song like Diamonds and Rust or Knocking On Heavens Door. they are two popular covers from two popular bands, Judas Priest and Guns N' Roses. However those aren't their songs, Rob and Axl never wrote them.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        They're not claiming them, though, are they? Unless you're saying that just to show where he might be coming from, then I understand, but it may be pointed out they're not claiming the songs are theirs either.
                        -rar

Comment

Tony Martin wasn´saying that CoTS WAS his song, only that he FEELS like it´s a song of his own after singing it a lot of time. There´s a big difference beetween feelings and facts.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            tony martin once said in a interview he considers the song children of the sea more his than dio's just because he's been singing it in sabbath longer than dio. such a blasphemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He considers it his. In his mind, it's his. The above quote states it so. That's all I'm saying.
                            -rar

Comment

well thats in HIS mind and the only way you can change that is if you're on of those guys in the bright white coats [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                              How Good It Feels
                              And that’s for real"

Comment

I never thought that a singer can really like a "native" song of his band (the one he didn't write) more than one of "his" own songs.
                                "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Working...
                                X