• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niklas
    replied
    Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

Vad är det här för trams, El Lobo?
    Vi vet ju allihopa att Dehumanizer är en kanonplatta [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• El Lobo
    replied

[ QUOTE ]

And Tony Martin kept the same 80's voice on most of the tracks, making them sound very dated to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, please teach me to change my voice. I'd like to have a 1960s voice. Oh, and having a 3000's voice would be sooooo cool man. (I'm talking to you with my 1920's voice at this moment).

[/ QUOTE ]
    At least Dio tried singing Dehumanizer differently, which ended up pretty good, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you said it. In your opinion. Many people (including me) absolutley HATE the way Dio "sings" (read, monotonly and trying to sound pissed and bad ass resulting in some very bored and uninspired effort) making Dehumanizer the absolutly worse Sabbath Album.

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    imagine that...WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Albums that were released in the 80s sound like they were released in the 80s. That is truly unbelievable how on Earth TM managed to do that is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You totally missed the point while trying to make me look like a retard.

Tyr (okay, that one can be excused since it's only from 1990), Cross Purposes and Forbidden were released in the 90's weren't they? And Tony Martin kept the same 80's voice on most of the tracks, making them sound very dated to me. At least Dio tried singing Dehumanizer differently, which ended up pretty good, in my opinion.

Again, I like the Tony Martin-stuff, so I really think you're being overly aggressive here. Most of the stuff just sounds very dated to me. I mean, this version of the band released more albums in the 90's than the 80's! And they're all drenched in synth strings and throaty operatic vocals!

Leave a comment:

• Ashley Dalby
    replied

Cant we just say that both are great singers, both have released very good material while in Sabbath as well as outside of the band?

I mean seriously, does it really matter who is better?
    It seems that is where this thread has gone, a verses battle.

Leave a comment:

• Psycho Man
    replied

that is something that really pisses me off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    imagine that...WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Albums that were released in the 80s sound like they were released in the 80s. That is truly unbelievable how on Earth TM managed to do that is beyond me.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this made me laught my whole body off! Truly!

Leave a comment:

• Psycho Man
    replied

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Freddy the O
    replied

That's just a bad example, man. Every Black Sabbath frontman has penned a few stinkers. I mean, Feels Good To Me, anyone? Songs like The Sign Of The Southern Cross and Dehumanizer in its entirety have awesome lyrics.

Besides, even if some of Dio's lyrics are cheesy, he can make even the most corny stuff sound menacing. The guy can sing a cooking book and make it sound like Satan himself! Tony is a very good singer, but his way of singing (even on Forbidden) sounds very dated. Very 80's more specifically.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't get me wrong I like Martin but he's not in the same league as Dio when it comes to lyrics and emotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... Country Girl is really brilliant... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• David86
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't get me wrong I like Martin but he's not in the same league as Dio when it comes to lyrics and emotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear! Hear! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Razzle
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong I like Martin but he's not in the same league as Martin when it comes to lyrics and emotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thst's true. Martin's voice, lyrics and emotion are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Dio's.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• randomizeme
    replied

[ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong I like Martin but he's not in the same league as Martin when it comes to lyrics and emotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thst's true. Martin's voice, lyrics and emotion are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Dio's.

Leave a comment:

• Razzle
    replied

[ QUOTE ]

Let's face one fact:

The Dio Era:

Produced 1 grandoise album, another album that is not as good but still worth purchasing and one terrible live album.

The Martin Era:
    Produced 4 remarkable studio albums, one decent album, one superb live album that is lightyears ahead of the Dio era one. And are we forgetting the most telling fact? There is no way Dio's voice, as excellent and important as it may be, could ever touch Tony Martin's.

[/ QUOTE ]

To say Martin produced 4 remarkable albums is laughable at best I'd say, 1 (Eternal Idol)was a make do cut and paste job as Martin was not the intended vocalist, 2 (Headless Cross) bland album, 3 (TYR) Very Good Album, 4 (Cross Purposes) Ditto, The live album (Cross Purposes Live) Ditto, 5 (Forbidden) Forget It!.

The Dio years produced all time classic Heaven And Hell, The Excellent Mob Rules, Live Evil was a good record of the time, Dehumanizer bland at best.

Leave a comment:

• Ashley Dalby
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    The Dio Era had 3 studio albums,not 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah, thanks for pointing that one out. At the time I was only thinking of the material made during his first stint, so I will correct it by saying this:

The Dio Era:

1 grandoise album(Heaven And Hell)
    1 damn good album(Mob Rules)
    1 important album(Dehumanizer), and lastly
    1 terrible album(Live Evil).

That Better?

Leave a comment:

• ComputerGod
    replied

[ QUOTE ]
    I highly doubt there is any kind of real hatred or disrespect between these two men, they are constant professionals who have been linked by the same band. Dio's solo career as well as his Era with Sabbath is far more documented.

Against popular opinion I would say Tony Martin in any situation blows Dio out of the water, even if the song in question is from the Dio era. I have heard Martin do Dio songs and he does them better, I have also heard Dio do his own songs with Sabbath and there really is no comparison.

If there was any kind of hatred between these two I think it would be due to the lack of success the Martin era has.
    Let's face one fact:

The Dio Era:

Produced 1 grandoise album, another album that is not as good but still worth purchasing and one terrible live album.

The Martin Era:
    Produced 4 remarkable studio albums, one decent album, one superb live album that is lightyears ahead of the Dio era one. And are we forgetting the most telling fact? There is no way Dio's voice, as excellent and important as it may be, could ever touch Tony Martin's.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The Dio Era had 3 studio albums,not 2.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X