And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

I do [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      -rar

Comment

Maybe if Iommi paid more attention to Martin era songs on the tour Martin wouldnt have to sing the song a milion times . Give the guy a break he was the singer and he was told what to sing ! So if he has a stong connection to the song so be it , boy you guys overanalize shit here !

Comment

Up with the Tony Martin defense again...[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] we weren't bashing on him, we were just saying it's not his song, and we disagree with him saying that. just be quiet. you'll notice some people who are Tony Martin fans even disagree.
          -rar

Comment

Your telling me to be quiet ?

Comment

kind of. I'm tired of this constant backing of Martin, where you MUST stand up for him, and blame every negative thing he does on someone else. I've had it.
              -rar

Comment

who's being blamed?
                "I want to tell you, yeah
                How Good It Feels
                Sleeping here with you tonight
                And thatís for real"

Comment

This whole thread is just a bunch of bullsh*t!!

From the first post, I have yet to see any proof of Tony Martin having an attitude towards Dio...

Now it has degenerated into "so and so is better than what's his name" and "he sings ___ better than the other guy".

(Although, I do agree that the Tony Martin fans seem to always go out of their way to defend him and never admit to his having any faults at all.)
                  Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

of course he has his faults, such as: he won't work with Tony Iommi again [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    How Good It Feels
                    And thatís for real"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      (Although, I do agree that the Tony Martin fans seem to always go out of their way to defend him and never admit to his having any faults at all.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm trying to get across here. As soon as someone says something about Tony Martin, ALL the fans jump up in defense, saying he's better than Ozzy or Dio. I'm tired of it, that's all.

As for TM's attitude towards Dio, I haven't really seen anything. Dio is definitely not threatened by Martin, and Martin sings songs from all Dio often. I think Tony respects Ozzy and Dio, seeing as he tributed them with songs on his tour. as for dio, he probably doesn't see martin as a threat to him at all.
                      -rar

Comment

threat? why would any musician be threatened my another. If their music is better the only thing they can do is try to get better themselves. I don't think any of them ever felt threatened by the others.

As for jumping up, everyone does that. If I insult Ozzy or Dio you will jump up and say they are better than Tony. It's all about opinion, all you can to is state yours and make counter arguements.

And nobody answered my question: Who is being blamed?
                        How Good It Feels
                        And thatís for real"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          kind of. I'm tired of this constant backing of Martin, where you MUST stand up for him, and blame every negative thing he does on someone else. I've had it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm a fan and you can insult his ass all you want for all I care. You've heard his music, and it didn't appeal to you. Great. You gave it a chance, unlike most people out there who will only say "if Ozz ain't there then it's not Sabbath" and haven't even heard anything post 1978.
                          The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE all i said was he sang what he was told to sing ! If you personally have a problem with me and my thoughts then i have a problem with YOU ! I could care less what anyone thinks about TM and responded to a post , once again everyone here thinks what they say is gospel and everything else is BS! So if you have a problem with me personally lets get together and straighten it out !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What negative things?
                              Don't get me wrong now. I'm an equal fan of TM, Dio and Ozzy, so I'm not into constantly backing TM here.
                              But since you said it, I'm just wondering what negative things he's done, that's been blamed on someone else?
                              God knows as your dognose

Comment

Here's what I'm saying...

I'll admit that I have a particular favorite line-up/singer of Sabbath, just like everyone else, but I am not quick to defend one line-up/singer over another, as its a case of apples and oranges. And I will readily admit that my favorite line-up/singer has had their/his share of highs and lows.

Having seen Black Sabbath on every tour (at least twice) since 1978 and owning all their albums to date, I think IMO, that I'm well qualified to make this point:

I can say IMO that every singer has had their problems both live and on record. And believe me, I have heard all of them sing brilliantly (except for Glenn Hughes live), but I have also seen them all sound like absolute shit. IMO.

What the members of this board need to remember is that their opinions are not the "be all and end all" of anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their right to defend it, but their opinion is not necessarily fact...mine included.
                                Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

Working...
                                X