Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

damnit won't somebody answer my question?

WHO IS BEING BLAMED?
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And that’s for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Psycho Man - I blame YOU!! It's all your fault - everything!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Here's what I'm saying...

What the members of this board need to remember is that their opinions are not the "be all and end all" of anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their right to defend it, but their opinion is not necessarily fact...mine included.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Thanks finally a voice of reason ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Comment

we never said anyone wasn't entitled to their own opinion, but it's the senseless defense NO MATTER WHAT of their favourite singer. That's what gets us all into arguments about this particular subject. It's the fact that everyone's favourite singer MUST be right over another singer, and I hate that. So when people start doing that, people who disagree start forcing their own opinions. That's all that need be said. Look at the rest of that post...it also states that each singer has their ups and downs. We're not saying Ozzy and Dio are always better than Tony Martin. We're just saying that we prefer their music. And this little quote is now blown out of proportion because someone has to take Tony Martin's side, even if it wasn't the greatest thing for him to say. I needn't say any more.
          -rar

Comment

Guess we are stuck in the same hole then ! Once i open my mouth about Dio then his little followers come out to attack also that includes you to my friend !

Comment

that's because it's only in often in defense of tony martin you speak. i just dont understand how some people can HATE one singer with such a vengeance. I've never said I hate Tony Martin.
              -rar

Comment

Who has said they "hate" Dio or Ozzy or any other Sabbath member?
                "I want to tell you, yeah
                How Good It Feels
                Sleeping here with you tonight
                And that’s for real"
                -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

it's just the way some people seem to talk...they can't stand Ozzy, Dio is monotone, etc. Look I don't even care, really. Just put an end to this and get back on the subject of Tony and Dio rather than what one thinks of the two.
                  -rar

Comment

Sounds good my friend lets go beyond this stupid shit !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      This whole thread is just a bunch of bullsh*t!!

From the first post, I have yet to see any proof of Tony Martin having an attitude towards Dio...

Now it has degenerated into "so and so is better than what's his name" and "he sings ___ better than the other guy".

(Although, I do agree that the Tony Martin fans seem to always go out of their way to defend him and never admit to his having any faults at all.)

[/ QUOTE ]

"Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio" – it is reasoned proposal suggesting a possible correlation between multiple phenomena (here TM and Dio); consider it to be a hypothesis.
                      "I don't sound like nobody"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        "Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio" – it is reasoned proposal suggesting a possible correlation between multiple phenomena (here TM and Dio); consider it to be a hypothesis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeeeaaahhh, dude! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        God knows as your dognose

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          tony martin once said in a interview he considers the song children of the sea more his than dio's just because he's been singing it in sabbath longer than dio. such a blasphemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that interview - if it even exists - must be a load of crap. Tony Martin is a professional musician and he definitely appreciates and acknowledges the works that RJD has made with Sabbath. "Children Of The Sea" is the very first song RJD wrote with Tony Iommi back in 1979 and most definitely RJD has performed this song much more often on his own right than Tony Martin ever did with Sabbath. I bet Tony Martin even wished to perform this fantastic song as the frontman of Sabbath because the song suits so well into his range and style. The song is just so damn good that it deserves to be performed at least in these two different parties, one with the original singer/lyricist RJD, one with the original guitarist Tony Iommi. My first experience of this song being performed live took place on July 1st 2006 at the Miljoonarock Festival here in Finland when RJD unleashed it as the show opener! One of my highest musical fantasies include a special show where RJD sings old Sabbath classics and Tony Iommi plays them...
                          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

I highly doubt there is any kind of real hatred or disrespect between these two men, they are constant professionals who have been linked by the same band. Dio's solo career as well as his Era with Sabbath is far more documented.

Against popular opinion I would say Tony Martin in any situation blows Dio out of the water, even if the song in question is from the Dio era. I have heard Martin do Dio songs and he does them better, I have also heard Dio do his own songs with Sabbath and there really is no comparison.

If there was any kind of hatred between these two I think it would be due to the lack of success the Martin era has.
                            Let's face one fact:

The Dio Era:

Produced 1 grandoise album, another album that is not as good but still worth purchasing and one terrible live album.

The Martin Era:
                            Produced 4 remarkable studio albums, one decent album, one superb live album that is lightyears ahead of the Dio era one. And are we forgetting the most telling fact? There is no way Dio's voice, as excellent and important as it may be, could ever touch Tony Martin's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I highly doubt there is any kind of real hatred or disrespect between these two men, they are constant professionals who have been linked by the same band. Dio's solo career as well as his Era with Sabbath is far more documented.

Against popular opinion I would say Tony Martin in any situation blows Dio out of the water, even if the song in question is from the Dio era. I have heard Martin do Dio songs and he does them better, I have also heard Dio do his own songs with Sabbath and there really is no comparison.

If there was any kind of hatred between these two I think it would be due to the lack of success the Martin era has.
                              Let's face one fact:

The Dio Era:

Produced 1 grandoise album, another album that is not as good but still worth purchasing and one terrible live album.

The Martin Era:
                              Produced 4 remarkable studio albums, one decent album, one superb live album that is lightyears ahead of the Dio era one. And are we forgetting the most telling fact? There is no way Dio's voice, as excellent and important as it may be, could ever touch Tony Martin's.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              The Dio Era had 3 studio albums,not 2.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                The Dio Era had 3 studio albums,not 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Oh yeah, thanks for pointing that one out. At the time I was only thinking of the material made during his first stint, so I will correct it by saying this:

The Dio Era:

1 grandoise album(Heaven And Hell)
                                1 damn good album(Mob Rules)
                                1 important album(Dehumanizer), and lastly
                                1 terrible album(Live Evil).

That Better?

Comment

Working...
                                X