Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

[ QUOTE ]
    All in all, I'm just tired to see people defending Martin no matter what. I like a lot of the stuff he did with Sabbath and I think he deserves as much a fanbase as Ozzy and Dio, but the guy wasn't as perfect like many people make him. None of them were!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why this Martin fan base bothers you and RAR so much? I mean, Ozzy have his army, Dio have his midget army, why can't the Poor Tony Martin have people who defend him no mather what? Did we said that he's not bald? No, because it's a fact, he's bald. We are only saying that his style is way better than Dio's, and that's not a fact, it's a matter of opinion.
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

It doesn't really bother me that way - I consider myself to be a Martin fan as well. I just don't like blind worshipping, whether we're talking about Ozzy, Dio, Martin or whatever. I know I'm new here, but my impression is that Martin fans just tend to be most eager to prove others wrong no matter what. It's probably a coincidence, but really, it's not fun trying to get an argument across when you get 20 annoyed smileys slammed in your face.

I'm gonna stop arguing here. My only point being that it's way easier making an interesting debate if one tries to be a little objective about things like this.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        All in all, I'm just tired to see people defending Martin no matter what. I like a lot of the stuff he did with Sabbath and I think he deserves as much a fanbase as Ozzy and Dio, but the guy wasn't as perfect like many people make him. None of them were!

[/ QUOTE ]
        Why this Martin fan base bothers you and RAR so much? I mean, Ozzy have his army, Dio have his midget army, why can't the Poor Tony Martin have people who defend him no mather what? Did we said that he's not bald? No, because it's a fact, he's bald. We are only saying that his style is way better than Dio's, and that's not a fact, it's a matter of opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
        I cant find or think of anything here that isn't based on a persons own respective opinion. I'm certain no one here talks in someone else opinion unless your JackZepStripper [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Since my previous post was ignored I will say the exact same thing again:

[ QUOTE ]
        Cant we just say that both are great singers, both have released very good material while in Sabbath as well as outside of the band?
        I mean seriously, does it really matter who is better?
        It seems that is where this thread has gone, a verses battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Ashley is right. Lets try to maintain civility please.

Freddy, I appreciate your opinions. If the Martin fans seem a little more rabid, keep in mind that the Martin era probably does get the least amount of recongnition and respect overall, which naturally makes the fans of that era more vocal in defending it. You know the old rental car commercials for Avis? "We Try Harder". Its kind of like that. (Of couse if these commercials never made it to Denmark, then you'll have to create your own analogy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Thanks.
          Damian
          Super Moderator
          Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            At least Dio tried singing Dehumanizer differently, which ended up pretty good, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm listening to the Dehumanizer Demos as I type. In these Dio is attemting to sound like he did on his first two albums with Sabbath and his voice just can't take it. I think he changed his voice because of wear and tear Dio's been singing longer than almost anyone.
            "I want to tell you, yeah
            How Good It Feels
            Sleeping here with you tonight
            And that’s for real"
            -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Ashley is right. Lets try to maintain civility please.

Freddy, I appreciate your opinions. If the Martin fans seem a little more rabid, keep in mind that the Martin era probably does get the least amount of recongnition and respect overall, which naturally makes the fans of that era more vocal in defending it. You know the old rental car commercials for Avis? "We Try Harder". Its kind of like that. (Of couse if these commercials never made it to Denmark, then you'll have to create your own analogy )

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly. Let's end this before the mudflinging enters. But no midget-talk, please! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I see the point, being a big fan of the Gillan-led Black Sabbath myself, and thus a fan of what has been called "their worst album" by quite a number of people. I confess I've never seen an Avis commercial, but I think I get the point! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
              I'm listening to the Dehumanizer Demos as I type. In these Dio is attemting to sound like he did on his first two albums with Sabbath and his voice just can't take it. I think he changed his voice because of wear and tear Dio's been singing longer than almost anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... I think he nailed his old singing style pretty good when performing the old material live on the Dehumanizer tour, so he probably tried getting back into training. For the final product, I think it was a case of the material being louder and more aggressive, so he ended up adopting his voice for that. Too Late is pretty much the only quiet song on the album!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Vad är det här för trams, El Lobo?
                Vi vet ju allihopa att Dehumanizer är en kanonplatta [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Visst, en kanontråkig platta, utan tvekan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Most of the stuff just sounds very dated to me. I mean, this version of the band released more albums in the 90's than the 80's! And they're all drenched in synth strings and throaty operatic vocals!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!! Synth strings and throaty operatic vocals! Couldn't have said it better myself! That's the way I feel too. I've never said it's horrible, just bland, boring, and "dated" as you've also said. I mean, if I was forced to listen to it, I wouldn't die. But by choice and in the TM era being compared to the rest of Sabbath, I see TM as a downfall from the rest. That's all I have to say.
                  -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    Vi vet ju allihopa att Dehumanizer är en kanonplatta [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Visst, en kanontråkig platta, utan tvekan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bedre end Boten Anna! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif[/img]

Comment

• Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, we are ashamed! *Takes a step away from the Swedish flag*

The blood runs free
                      The rain turns red
                      Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

No sweat. We had Aqua, so we should be even now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          No sweat. We had Aqua, so we should be even now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But hey! Aqua is actually a very very good band! Songs like Barbie Girl always make me cry and make me smile in the same time. So muscially beautiful. And I just looove the lyrics!

The blood runs free
                          The rain turns red
                          Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, who will translate?
                            Can't you see what I see
                            You and I victims of Their word
                            As the master of power
                            Try to poison our world
                            ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not so bad. Lene was kinda hot. Point well taken for the norwegians [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X