Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tony Martin's attitude towards Dio.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Vad är det här för trams, El Lobo?
    Vi vet ju allihopa att Dehumanizer är en kanonplatta [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Visst, en kanontråkig platta, utan tvekan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bedre end Boten Anna! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, who will translate?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a Swedish techno? song called Boten Anna. It's rediciously bad.

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Vi vet ju allihopa att Dehumanizer är en kanonplatta [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Visst, en kanontråkig platta, utan tvekan. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bedre end Boten Anna! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, who will translate?

[/ QUOTE ]

altavista [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
        Tja... Alla kan väl inte gilla tunga riff och onda mansröster.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As for the rest of you, El Lobo just stated how much he loves Dehumanizer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
          Can't you see what I see
          You and I victims of Their word
          As the master of power
          Try to poison our world
          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

• Tony Martin is always the gentleman, I don't think he was ever bitter at Ronnie, perhaps pissed the he was dropped for Dio's return and rightfully so, but I never heard him say a bad word about anyone let alone Ronnie.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Reading this topic by chance, i have an argument. Some friend in this topic, said that Tony Martin had the same singing style on his 90's stuff carried from the 80's. Well, The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, TYR had pretty much the same singing style but on Cross Purposes mostly, i think that Tony Martin had used his full range. For me, the insanely high notes from the previous albums, are gone. I think that on Cross Purposes, Tony Martin is more relaxed and if you ask me, i think that he had a bit of a struggle with the high notes. On this album, i hear a Tony Martin testing his lower register and approaching a different style and i really liked that if you ask me.

Also, Dio on the Dehumanizer album, adopted a more aggressive style of singing and the operatic vocals in style of "Stargazer" are gone. This singing style, really suited Dehumanizer's stuff greatly. As for those two men's relationship, i don't think there was a problem. I know about a fraud between Dio and Ozzy but between Tony Martin and Dio, i don't think so....

Comment

• Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
                Also, Dio on the Dehumanizer album, adopted a more aggressive style of singing and the operatic vocals in style of "Stargazer" are gone. This singing style, really suited Dehumanizer's stuff greatly. As for those two men's relationship, i don't think there was a problem. I know about a fraud between Dio and Ozzy but between Tony Martin and Dio, i don't think so....
                Maybe Ronnie couldn't hit those operatic notes anymore because he had gotten older?
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  Maybe Ronnie couldn't hit those operatic notes anymore because he had gotten older?
                  Of course the aging process was a key factor on this. Apart from that, if you consider the constant touring and a bit of substance abuse (Dio was a drinker and a smoker mostly), you got the point. Every frontman has the same issue....

Comment

Of course the aging process was a key factor on this. Apart from that, if you consider the constant touring and a bit of substance abuse (Dio was a drinker and a smoker mostly), you got the point. Every frontman has the same issue....
                    Yes of course, I wasn't criticizing Ronnie for it, just stating that was probably a factor.

Comment

• Apologies if this isn’t the right/best place to share this thought or if it’s been discussed previously. I know I’ve read somewhere that people thought the “kiss the rainbow away” lyric from Psychophobia was aimed at Ronnie, it I’ve always wondered about these lyrics from The Law Maker

Silver mountains won't save you from hell
                      The prince of darkness inside you will dwell
                      Oh your weakness your past
                      The Lawmaker comes

Could the silver mountains be a reference to Ronnie (from the Rainbow song Man on the silver mountain) and the prince of darkness be a reference to Ozzy? Or is it pure coincidence?

Comment

Dio was well-known for his drinking (which may have contributed to his stomach cancer; Tony Iommi said in his book that RJD would often drink rather than eat) and he liked to smoke pot. I saw pictures of him smoking cigarettes when he was in Rainbow.

Tony Martin has often said that RJD is one of his favourite singers, along with Glenn Hughes and David Coverdale.

I have never read any statement by RJD on Tony Martin; not once, good or bad.

I will say that when I saw Heaven And Hell (Detroit, 2009) RJD seemed to be reaching for some of his more "operatic notes."
                        Last edited by DiosSword; 07-02-2019, 12:54 PM.
                        He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon78 View Post
                          Apologies if this isn’t the right/best place to share this thought or if it’s been discussed previously. I know I’ve read somewhere that people thought the “kiss the rainbow away” lyric from Psychophobia was aimed at Ronnie, it I’ve always wondered about these lyrics from The Law Maker

Silver mountains won't save you from hell
                          The prince of darkness inside you will dwell
                          Oh your weakness your past
                          The Lawmaker comes

Could the silver mountains be a reference to Ronnie (from the Rainbow song Man on the silver mountain) and the prince of darkness be a reference to Ozzy? Or is it pure coincidence?
                          I've heard of the Psychophobia song being about Ronnie, but never The Lawmaker song being in reference to Ronnie of Ozzy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
                            Dio was well-known for his drinking (which may have contributed to his stomach cancer; Tony Iommi said in his book that RJD would often drink rather than eat) and he liked to smoke pot. I saw pictures of him smoking cigarettes when he was in Rainbow.

Tony Martin has often said that RJD is one of his favourite singers, along with Glenn Hughes and David Coverdale.

I have never read any statement by RJD on Tony Martin; not once, good or bad.

I will say that when I saw Heaven And Hell (Detroit, 2009) RJD seemed to be reaching for some of his more "operatic notes."
                            Funny I never new Ronnie was a drinker or pot smoker, he never came across to me that way.

I heard Ronnie say something once in a interview about Tony Martin and why he doesn't sing his songs when he is in Sabbath, but can't remember what it was.

Comment

Working...
                            X