Tyr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyr

I,m starting to like this cd.I,ve been stubborn about liking the martin stuff but it is growing on me.I like track 8.

Re: Tyr

[ QUOTE ]
    I,m starting to like this cd.I,ve been stubborn about liking the martin stuff but it is growing on me.I like track 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite Sabbath album of all time, and it is probably my second favorite album of all time following VERY closely behind Captain Beyond's self-titled album. I love the mystic overtones and musicianship on this album, and Anno Mundi is absolutely incredible (as are every other song on the album).

Comment

cool

Comment

very good album has alot of old school feel to it and if i'm correct (don't have the cd in front of me at the moment)track 8 would be sabbath stones if so it's my favourite from tyr.

Comment

Isn't this supposed to be conceptual?

Comment

Anno Mundi is without ne doubt their finest composition....Listenin to this track everyday....on the whole
            this album will get full marks...
            http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
            https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
            http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Feels good to me and Heaven in Black are killersongs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's loosely based on Norse mythology and the music itself has a very obvious mythological influence.

Comment

this album is one of my all-time favorite!tony martin rules!!

Comment

I thought tyr was a great album from black sabbath 1n 1990 one of my favorite songs from that was the lawmaker, very fast paced awesome guitar riffs from tony iommi. The band seemed to sound real tight around this time period. I don't think they ever toured the united states for this album. It was to bad i would of loved to see them live.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's loosely based on Norse mythology and the music itself has a very obvious mythological influence.

[/ QUOTE ]

The entire album isn't meant to be conceptual. Just parts of it.

Also, I'm not terribly fond of The Lawmaker. It's a pretty throwaway song for me.
                      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite Sabbath album of all time, and it is probably my second favorite album of all time following VERY closely behind Captain Beyond's self-titled album. I love the mystic overtones and musicianship on this album, and Anno Mundi is absolutely incredible (as are every other song on the album).

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, I didn't know you also liked the album that much! You're my Sabbathite kindred spirit. I completely agree with the idea that the mythology themes are reflected in the music, it's so atmospheric and each song creates the perfect mood.

Thew ay I look at it, the concept can be linked throughout much of the album. "Anno Mundi" asks questions about the state of the world and the conflicts it produces. "The Law Maker" introduces Tyr. "The Sabbath Stones" points to the mistakes humans make which are often blamed on God (or Norse gods, perhaps). "Odin's Court" and "Valhalla" speak for themselves, and even "Heaven in Black" contains a likely-unintentional reference to Tyr. It's about some Russian architects being blinded having finished building a temple (or something along those lines), and Tyr was also blinded. Maybe the band didn't have it in mind for the album to be entirely conceptual, but I just viewit as being more conceptual than it really is. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I can never get enough of that "Anno Mundi" riff. So damn powerful.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, it is. The first time I heard it I thought the soft intro/choral chants were interesting, then boom! Amazing Iommi riff! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X