TM on working with Iommi again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM on working with Iommi again

Tony Martin responded to a Facebook post and said he was contacted about recording some new songs and doing some shows to support the re-release of his BS albums. Which he then answered Iommi's management that he was up for it. Things haven't progressed much beyond that at this moment. But TM noted that Geoff Nicholls just told him Iommi was just so busy at this particular time.
    Pain and Poison Roses

This is amazing news. Thanks Edtrader. You made my day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

But it'll be nearly a frosty day in hell before we see it.
      Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Holy shit ...

I wasn't expecting this. So this means new songs with Martin under the Black Sabbath name? Wonder how that flies with the Ozzbournes.

Of course plans like these might not happen in the end, but damn good news, thanks Edtrader.

Comment

I would be intersted to know when the discussion took place as Iommi has been very busy since 2011!

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in 2017 but I don't think a new album would use the Black Sabbath name. But the remastered albums with some new tracks would probably be as Sabbath.
          My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

...And then he woke up

Comment

Good to hear something's finally happening regarding those TM era albums. If they'd actually do the "Dio Years" thing with Martin as well with new songs that would just be about the most awesome thing since the Dio years compilation!

But in truth it would be 2017 before anything would happen as 2016 they're on the road. But after that is done I can easily see this happening. Tony said he has written a lot of new music that he wanted to release with Sabbath so if not with the Ozzy fronted version then with Tony Martin. As far as doing shows...I seriously doubt that, but yes it would most certainly be pretty incredible.

Comment

The sour note here (apart from this possibly not happening) is how Iommi works. So he ignores the guy for decades and then contacts him out of the blue when he has some work to be done. Talk about an employee agency mentality. You almost wish Martin would have said 'you what? ha ha ha' and closed his email browser.

Comment

The problem with TM is his live voice today is less than stellar. TM did also say they didn't get back in touch with him.
                  Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
                    The problem with TM is his live voice today is less than stellar. TM did also say they didn't get back in touch with him.
                    Well I don't know, I've seen some videos of him preforming and he's pretty damn good.

Like this one with Sebastien:

Sure he doesn't sound like he did back in 1989, but who does?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                      ...And then he woke up
                      fuck I laughed hard at that! Cheers JtS!!!!
                      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
                        I would be intersted to know when the discussion took place as Iommi has been very busy since 2011!

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in 2017 but I don't think a new album would use the Black Sabbath name. But the remastered albums with some new tracks would probably be as Sabbath.
                        I'm kinda hoping Iommi will decide to just screw it and continue using the Sabbath name while he's still healthy. Even EP releases or just a song here and there using Gillan and others. Iommi solo projects just don't have that same pizzazz.

Comment

You don't "use" the Sabbath name for your own personal benefit... that isn't going to happen anyway, Iommi would never be that crass or stoop that low... besides, thats all been settled out of court.. done deal. that said, T. Martin's live performance band and all sounded great!
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                            You don't "use" the Sabbath name for your own personal benefit...
                            You're right there. It's just that I'd like to see the Sabbath band around with Iommi and other singers.

Comment

Whatever Tony does with his new riffs/songs I hope he gets Bill Ward to play drums for those songs....

and Tony could and should hire a better singer than Tony Martin... and let Bill sing a song or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X