"Scarlet Pimpernel" live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Scarlet Pimpernel" live

Did Tony ever jam on this during his solos or as an intro to another song on any of the tours with Tony Martin? I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite but this has always been at the top of the list of Tony instrumentals for me.

Not that I'm aware... this is his best instrumental, the right length layered guitars always had a Tubular Bells (The Exorcist) feel about it. Not too long or tedious like Fluff or Laguna Sunrise or even the ballad Changes which all drag on too long IMO.
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Love Scarlet Pimpernel, absolutely beautiful.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I don't think this was preformed... Tony did do a solo during Heaven And Hell on the Eternal Idol Tour but I don't think he ever did this.

Comment

Yum I love me some pumpernickel. Favourite bread

Comment

typical setlist during the Tyr tour :
            NOTE: The first show of the tour had several songs that were never played again live – Feels Good to Me, Sign of the Southern Cross, Heart Like a Wheel, Odin’s Court.

Anno Mundi (The Vision)
            Neon Knights
            Headless Cross
            When Death Calls
            War Pigs
            The Shining
            Guitar Solo
            The Law Maker
            The Sabbath Stones
            1812 Drum Solo
            Die Young
            Heaven And Hell
            Iron Man
            Children Of The Grave
            Bass Solo
            Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Instrumental)
            Black Sabbath
            Electric Funeral (guitar version)
            Scarlet Pimpernel
            Die Young (intro)
            N.I.B. (bass version)
            Strangers In The Night (bass solo)
            Supernaut (Inc. in a guitar solo)

Question about the studio version:
            If I'm not mistaken, there's a bass guitar harmony played 2 times (27 "and 1'.14) during Scarlet . But who played this bass line ?
            Dave Spitz? Geoff Nicholls? Bob Daisley?

Comment

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
              Question about the studio version:
              If I'm not mistaken, there's a bass guitar harmony played 2 times (27 "and 1'.14) during Scarlet . But who played this bass line ?
              Dave Spitz? Geoff Nicholls? Bob Daisley?
              I think it's Bob. He played every bass track on the album.

Comment

This is the second BS song that made me cry.

The first one was Solitude.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gkvxJC2oTzs
                  At the 40:40 mark Tony jams on it with mixed results. Sounds like two guitars and Geoff is a bit too loud. Still great to hear and an awesome show!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadlessCross View Post
                    I think it's Bob. He played every bass track on the album.
                    I think the bass is played by another bassist because Scarlet Pimpernel, written at the last period before the release of the album and by then, Bob Daisley had left the band. You can check it in the article for the Eternal Idol album in this webpage

Comment

Yes, Tony did part of the rhythm riff as a variant part of his solo during "Heart Like a Wheel" on the TYR tour. There is a bootleg "The Martin Years", which has this extract- according to the date printed on the back cover with the track listing, it was at the Sporthalle, Boblingen, Germany, 18 October, 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightskald View Post
                        Yes, Tony did part of the rhythm riff as a variant part of his solo during "Heart Like a Wheel" on the TYR tour. There is a bootleg "The Martin Years", which has this extract- according to the date printed on the back cover with the track listing, it was at the Sporthalle, Boblingen, Germany, 18 October, 1990.
                        I'd love to hear that!
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2e6tqJYgOdQ

He plays it during this performance from Belgium.

Comment

Working...
                          X