Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah, but what is the Greatest Song on "Cross Purposes"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, but what is the Greatest Song on "Cross Purposes"?

My Favorite Martin Album.

Geezer! Makes a difference.

I Witness is great, Virtual Death is good, Immaculate Deception...there's really no stinker on this album.

I don't think I've ever heard "What's the Use?"

I can't fit the bonus track on the poll.

If you wanted to vote for it, indicate below.
    I Witness
    14.93%
    Cross of Thorns
    13.43%
    Psychophobia
    8.96%
    Virtual Death
    13.43%
    Immaculate Deception
    7.46%
    Dying for Love
    8.96%
    Back to Eden
    10.45%
    The Hand that Rocks the Cradle
    10.45%
    Cardinal Sin
    5.97%
    Evil Eye
    5.97%

The poll is expired.

Cross Of Thorns, though I also like Pshycophobia, I also think the latter has references to Ronnie.

What's The Use?, also a great song.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 07-09-2016, 08:10 AM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Cross of Thornes, Psychophobia, Dying for Love and Back To Eden.

But to be honest there isn't a duff track on this album and is one of my 7 favourite Sabbath albums.
      My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
        Dying for Love and Back To Eden.
        These two are tops for me.

Followed by Hand that rocks, Cross of thorns and Sin cardinal sin.

Comment

My favorite TM album...voted for everything.

Comment

Virtual Death, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, Back to Eden, Cardinal Sin, Evil Eye.
            Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Psychophobia!!!!! One of 5 truly great songs on this album, and the rest are really good.
              The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
              The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
              As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
              We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Easily the best of the TM albums. The riffs, the doom & Geezer were back, actually to be correct, they just followed on from Dehumanizer. Not a bad song to be found on this album with Virtual Death, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle & Evil Eye being my favourite three. Great Black Sabbath album.

Comment

I Witness ; Cross of Thorns ; Immaculate Deception ; Dying for Love ; The Hand That Rocks the Cradle

Comment

My absolute favourite Martin-era album! This is a masterpiece! So I voted everything but Immaculate Deception and The Hand That Rocks The Cradle! And those are pretty good songs too!

Comment

This is an amazing album. It's hard to even pick the standout tracks.

I ended up voting I Witness, Virtual Death, Immaculate Deception, and Cardinal Sin.
                      Last edited by Korps; 07-11-2016, 01:46 PM. Reason: Typed the wrong song...
                      https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

I'm glad Immaculate Deception is getting a little love. The riff is just so different I loved it at 1st listen.

Comment

Head and shoulders above the other TM albums in my opinion...I genuinely like this one.

The first five tracks in particular are all very solid.

As an aside, I was given this album back in 94 because a friend bought it expecting Ozzy...she was horrified!
                          It's the first non Ozzy fronted Sabbath album I ever got.

Comment

What's The Use is by far the best song on this album.

Comment

Originally posted by 7th Star 86/ View Post
                              What's The Use is by far the best song on this album.
                              I don't own this album, so I must ask, what song is this guy talking about?
                              Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X