Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Iommi talks “Forbidden” remix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iommi talks “Forbidden” remix.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/se...orbidden-remix

I want to know when it will be released.

Comment

Another question is will any bonus tracks, i.e. the ones Joe S. suggested years ago be included?

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
        Another question is will any bonus tracks, i.e. the ones Joe S. suggested years ago be included?

Ted
        An interesting thought, Ted. I'd also like for someone to ask Tony about the unreleased tracks from the Forbidden sessions (three are said to exist). Given his prior reticence to issue demos/unreleased material, I'm not certain we'd get them, but knowing that they exist in some sort of finished state would be something.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
          An interesting thought, Ted. I'd also like for someone to ask Tony about the unreleased tracks from the Forbidden sessions (three are said to exist). Given his prior reticence to issue demos/unreleased material, I'm not certain we'd get them, but knowing that they exist in some sort of finished state would be something.
          SweetSymptom, here are the bonus tracks Joe S. proposed for Forbidden (copied and pasted from another thread in this Forum):

1) "The Illusion of Power" Alternate Take. There's a version with Tony Martin singing the rap part that Ice-T does on the final version. That'd be a good extra.
          2) "Loser Gets it All" - Japanese only track, appeared a year later on the "Sabbath Stones" compilation.
          3) There has been a bootleg out there from this album in it's earliest stages that's just instrumental. All the songs are on there, but in earlier/demo form, and without any vocals.
          4) Music Video: Get a Grip

Ted

Comment

SweetSymptom, here are the bonus tracks Joe S. proposed for Forbidden (copied and pasted from another thread in this Forum):

1) "The Illusion of Power" Alternate Take. There's a version with Tony Martin singing the rap part that Ice-T does on the final version. That'd be a good extra.
            2) "Loser Gets it All" - Japanese only track, appeared a year later on the "Sabbath Stones" compilation.
            3) There has been a bootleg out there from this album in it's earliest stages that's just instrumental. All the songs are on there, but in earlier/demo form, and without any vocals.
            4) Music Video: Get a Grip

Ted
            Thanks for that, Ted. There was a post on the much-missed Sabbathlive website, where Rob Dwyer stated that he'd been contacted by a Spanish collector who had three completely unreleased songs from the 'Forbidden' sessions. Said collector provided a sample of one of the tracks. I believe these to be separate from 'Loser Gets it All' (since that was commercially released), but I'll concede the possibility that the alternate take of 'The Illusion of Power' could be among them. There's also a bootleg that features most of the album in a slightly rougher mix. I don't believe any of that mix will officially surface, but it's interesting to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
              Thanks for that, Ted. There was a post on the much-missed Sabbathlive website, where Rob Dwyer stated that he'd been contacted by a Spanish collector who had three completely unreleased songs from the 'Forbidden' sessions. Said collector provided a sample of one of the tracks. I believe these to be separate from 'Loser Gets it All' (since that was commercially released), but I'll concede the possibility that the alternate take of 'The Illusion of Power' could be among them. There's also a bootleg that features most of the album in a slightly rougher mix. I don't believe any of that mix will officially surface, but it's interesting to consider.
              You're welcome. It would be great if fans could at least find out the names of those 3 songs. Also that bootleg that features most of the album in a slightly rougher mix would be nice for fans to have but I concur, it's unlikely that any of it will officially be released.

Ted

Comment

You're welcome. It would be great if fans could at least find out the names of those 3 songs. Also that bootleg that features most of the album in a slightly rougher mix would be nice for fans to have but I concur, it's unlikely that any of it will officially be released.

Ted
                I suspect that, given it's a remix and Tony was unhappy with Ice-T's/Ernie C's involvement, I would bet Martin's alternate take to "Illusion of Power" being on the album proper, as well as "Loser gets it all." If it's a deluxe format, one of the soundboards from Sweden might find their way on it.

Comment

Well, Tony Iommi has mentioned he's mixing it with Mike Exeter at present - and Tony Martin recently mentioned he'd spoken to Iommi on his facebook page (dated 10th January, 2019) - but did not mention if anything further was going forward between the two, which is fair enough. Still, if the two Tony's are talking, maybe something might happen in the future. Personally, I'd like them to do an Iommi/Martin album in the vein of the albums Tony I. did with Glenn Hughes free of the shackles of Sabbath, but any new songs from the two working together again would be welcome.

A further thought occurs, that (providing they had time or wished to do so) they could go through demos of things they did with Cozy but were unfinished or just put aside for whatever reason, and maybe use old drum tracks as a nice little nod to Powell and his time in the band.

Comment

It would be nice to get Tony Martin's Dehumanizer demos as extras.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I can't wait for this, and any Tony Martin remasters that might be on the horizon - although I'm not sure if there are any others happening as there hasn't been a grand announcement, unless I've missed it.

As for 'Forbidden', it's a pretty fun album and I guess more is made of the Ice T thing than needs to be. It doesn't sound like a rap metal album at all, thankfully, although it's still a mystery why they got Ernie C to produce it. Holy hell.

I think the chances of Tonys I and M getting together for any new material is slim to none. I just don't see it happening. What I'm looking for are deluxe re-releases, double disk editions, 85 page booklets, remixed and remastered 'Headless Cross', 'Tyr' and 'Cross Purposes'.

Comment

Big things are expected to happen in the future gentlemen. Tony Martin, posted on his Facebook account a photo with him and Tony Iommi in which he mentioned that he visited Iommi in his own House, also said that Iommi is still a great riff writer (something new is on the way in my point of view because the still great riff writing maybe it will bring new stuff in the surface) and he also said that they had a conversation so guys, i think that we have to wait for things to happen in the future between the two Tony's and it will be something really pleasant. With this post, i think it is confirmed that the Forbidden remix is on process and a path is opening for some future re-releases/remasters of the rest Tony Martin's stuff.

Brace yourselves, something great is coming....

Comment

I know it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind a new Black Sabbath-album with Tony and Tony.

Maybe they could do a Heaven & Hell-type thing and call it something like Headless Cross? Could work.
                          http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                          http://pike.bandcamp.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                          http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                            I can't wait for this, and any Tony Martin remasters that might be on the horizon - although I'm not sure if there are any others happening as there hasn't been a grand announcement, unless I've missed it.

As for 'Forbidden', it's a pretty fun album and I guess more is made of the Ice T thing than needs to be. It doesn't sound like a rap metal album at all, thankfully, although it's still a mystery why they got Ernie C to produce it. Holy hell.

I think the chances of Tonys I and M getting together for any new material is slim to none. I just don't see it happening. What I'm looking for are deluxe re-releases, double disk editions, 85 page booklets, remixed and remastered 'Headless Cross', 'Tyr' and 'Cross Purposes'.
                            I hope they don't drop the Ice-T participation in the song, I like it and it's not like Ice-T is rapping, remember Ice-T came out with Body Count a Metal band.

Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
                            Big things are expected to happen in the future gentlemen. Tony Martin, posted on his Facebook account a photo with him and Tony Iommi in which he mentioned that he visited Iommi in his own House, also said that Iommi is still a great riff writer (something new is on the way in my point of view because the still great riff writing maybe it will bring new stuff in the surface) and he also said that they had a conversation so guys, i think that we have to wait for things to happen in the future between the two Tony's and it will be something really pleasant. With this post, i think it is confirmed that the Forbidden remix is on process and a path is opening for some future re-releases/remasters of the rest Tony Martin's stuff.

Brace yourselves, something great is coming....
                            This is great news Tsimisde, thanks for sharing this.

Originally posted by Ala View Post
                            I know it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind a new Black Sabbath-album with Tony and Tony.

Maybe they could do a Heaven & Hell-type thing and call it something like Headless Cross? Could work.
                            If they release a new album together, call it what you want it'll still be Black Sabbath to me, just like Heaven and Hell the band was, Headless Cross would be a cool name if they had to go that way.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I also hope Ice-T’s part stays. I always found Martins vocal delivery to be the most distracting part of the song anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X