Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the chances are of a Martin/Iommi Heaven & Hell type reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Towelie View Post
    Yeah, age is a bitch and I guess we all reach an age where we lose our desire to push forward and be productive. Fingers crossed Iommi still has a little fire left in his belly, as y'know Martin would be there with bells on!
    Last time I read Iommi hasn't stopped writing riffs and says he has plenty of music written, so I think he still has the fire.

Leave a comment:

• Towelie
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    He's starting with the Forbidden album and some new tracks I've read about, I believe it's on Tony martin's website or Facebook page.

I agree with the time issue, I hope it happens, Tony Iommi is not one to sit around forever, look at Geezer he's back up and running and Bill Ward is supposedly releasing a new album with his band Day Of Errors, so it's possible Tony I. might get the itch, and Ozzy hasn't stopped yet!
    Yeah, age is a bitch and I guess we all reach an age where we lose our desire to push forward and be productive. Fingers crossed Iommi still has a little fire left in his belly, as y'know Martin would be there with bells on!

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Yeah, I just hope Tony I is feeling up to it. Time isn't exactly on their side, so if it doesn't happen in the next 5yrs or so, I don't forsee it ever happening, which would be such a wasted opportunity.
    He's starting with the Forbidden album and some new tracks I've read about, I believe it's on Tony martin's website or Facebook page.

I agree with the time issue, I hope it happens, Tony Iommi is not one to sit around forever, look at Geezer he's back up and running and Bill Ward is supposedly releasing a new album with his band Day Of Errors, so it's possible Tony I. might get the itch, and Ozzy hasn't stopped yet!

Leave a comment:

• Towelie
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Good to see you back around Towelie, I think it's very possible for a Martin/Iommi reunion and am hoping for one myself.

I think once the Martin albums are remastered and new tracks are recorded to accompany the remasters, it may be even possible for the two Tonys to get together and record a new album, and some shows but not a full on Tour as Tony Iommi has said he doesn't want to do that anymore because it's hard for him considering his health issues.

I hope for both new album and select shows, so I have the opportunity to see Martin playing the Martin/Sabbath classics live.
    Yeah, I just hope Tony I is feeling up to it. Time isn't exactly on their side, so if it doesn't happen in the next 5yrs or so, I don't forsee it ever happening, which would be such a wasted opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    The Martin years are amongst my favourite Sabbath albums. Do you think the ship has sailed for a Martin/Iommi reunion album/tour?
    Good to see you back around Towelie, I think it's very possible for a Martin/Iommi reunion and am hoping for one myself.

I think once the Martin albums are remastered and new tracks are recorded to accompany the remasters, it may be even possible for the two Tonys to get together and record a new album, and some shows but not a full on Tour as Tony Iommi has said he doesn't want to do that anymore because it's hard for him considering his health issues.

I hope for both new album and select shows, so I have the opportunity to see Martin playing the Martin/Sabbath classics live.

Leave a comment:

• What do you think the chances are of a Martin/Iommi Heaven & Hell type reunion?

The Martin years are amongst my favourite Sabbath albums. Do you think the ship has sailed for a Martin/Iommi reunion album/tour?
Working...
X