Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

A Few Questions About Headless Cross Tour:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions About Headless Cross Tour:

1) Why did they cancel 24 consecutive US dates?

2) What did Ian Gillan sing when he came out for an encore?

3) Any reason why they played 26 consecutive Russian dates, sometimes playing 2 shows there a day, 16 being in Moscow and 10 in leningrad?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: A Few Questions About Headless Cross Tour:

About Ian, those were Paranoid & Smoke on the water. Dunno about the other stuff, tough. Most likely because the album didn't do well in the States, but it did in Europe.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Don't know why they played so many shows in USSR, and it'd be far better if they made a proper tour of the territory. 20+ shows would cover most of the major cities. Still, a real treat for all the rock-n-roll people of the two capitals. Wish I was old enough to know and appreciate Sabbath at that time...

About cancelling the US tour, could it have been due to poor ticket sales? I don't think the band has been received well in US those days, since there was no Eternal Idol tour there, and the Seventh Star tour was disastrous, and the people may not have been very enthusiastic about Black Sabbath at all.
      "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

I dont mind that they did all those ussr dates, but Im just confused as to why they played so many shows in the same place night after night.

Two shows in one day is unnecessary, especially when theyre playing there every night. They shouldve toured the whole country.

Comment

That they did som many shows in the same city was an act of the Perestrojka and the opening of the Soviet Union, It was first now that bands from the west could play on the other side of the Iron curtain and they were invited by the government,who had special votes among the people which band they would like to see. Another example is Uriah Heep that in the west played concerts with about 2000 or 4000 in the audience but they played two concerts in Soviet with 180 000 and 120 000.

Because that it was the government that arranged the shows it was mainly people of the Perty that was on the concert - maybe noth the typical Black Sabbath fan. Tony Martin has said that this was the only time that he has seen anyone knit to Iron Man!

Comment

Wow thats all really interesting, thanks guys

I figured the ussr thing had something to do with the government, just not sure what

Comment

Working...
            X