Cross Purposes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Purposes

After listening to the four Martin era albums I have I have come to the conclusion that this one is my favorite. I can understand him better on this one and the music is really good too. I actually like it! All of you that said to give it time were right. I even like some of the songs on Forbidden (although Illusion of Power is enough to make me puke!) I am not too crazy about Headless Cross or Tyr, although they both have there moments.
    Life Member of the NRA

Re: Cross Purposes

Cross Purposes is a great record. The only song I don't care much about is Virtual Death, but all the others songs are fantastic. Dying for Love is one of the best ballads I've heard, I Witness; one of my favorite tunes.

It's really a shame that the tour wasn't that great.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you basing that on? The Cross Purposes Live record? If all, that's a disservice. I saw Sabbath twice on this tour. Once in Philadelphia, and again in Dallas. Enjoyed it both times, and Tony sounded better there than he did on CPL.

Of all the gigs of Sabbath's I've seen, I enjoyed the CP tour setlist more than any other, due to it's vareity.

Albums they played stuff from:

Black Sabbath
      Paranoid
      Master of Reality
      Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
      Sabotage
      Heaven & Hell
      Mob Rules
      Headless Cross
      Tyr
      Dehumanizer
      Cross Purposes

It was the widest set list I'd ever seen. I also gave them props for trying to drop Iron Man from the set list. Unfortunately, they had to bring it back as the tour went on. Likewise they also didn't play Heaven & Hell, either.
      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Its cool they performed some stuff of Dehumanizer. Makes the recordings very interesting.

Comment

Well, it was only one song, Time Machine. It opened the concert.
          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

CP tour setlist was great, although a bit focused on Ozzy-era songs instead of Dio-era ones (or even Martin's own songs for that matter). I for one would have liked to hear Geezer play The Shining. However, I don't complain - the dismissal of War Pigs outweighs the lack of any songs from '83 - '87. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And Anno Mundi getting captured live officially... great. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I for one think that Sabbath should unearth some live recordings from HC or Tyr tours and release them officially to fill the gap between Live Evil and CPL. Look at what Deep Purple is doing - even with Ian Gillan at the helm, they dig up and release the likes of Live @ California Jam...
            "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

I would of liked it if Cross Purposes Live was a double CD set and the second CD would have more Dio and especially Martin era songs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Of all the gigs of Sabbath's I've seen, I enjoyed the CP tour setlist more than any other, due to it's vareity.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I would want this lineup to reunite if there ever is another "Post Ozzy Era."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Cross Purposes is a great record. The only song I don't care much about is Virtual Death, but all the others songs are fantastic. Dying for Love is one of the best ballads I've heard, I Witness; one of my favorite tunes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tour WAS great. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, someone else who thinks Virtual Death is the worst song on that album. Why does everyone think it's so special?? It's certainly listenable but it's probably the worst thing on there.

Comment

Virtual Death is B o R i N g

Comment

Nods
                        The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

I dont like Virtual Death aswell.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Finally, someone else who thinks Virtual Death is the worst song on that album. Why does everyone think it's so special?? It's certainly listenable but it's probably the worst thing on there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naaah...Psychophobia's the worst. Virtual Death's only second worst! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I am surprised because I happen to love both "Pyschophobia" (good up-tempo track) and "Virtual Death" (which has that doomy classic Sabbath sound to it). My least favorite has to be "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle."

Comment

Working...
                              X