Get A Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get A Grip

Who else loves this song? I admit, its not the greatest song compared to other Sabbath classics, and the song itself is far from being a classic. But its very catchy and I can't get it outta my head, especially the interlude of the song. I personally however don't own Forbidden, at least not yet.

That's my two cents, where's yours?

Re: Get A Grip

As I said in another thread, I love that song. It's so catchy. I have the -I've listened to it before" feeling, and even when I see the video, goofy as it is, I know I've seen it before, even though Forbidden came out when I was only 10 years old.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

My favourite song on Forbidden; cool riff and a catchy vocal line. Gotta love the change at the end, too! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love it too! Sometimes it plays in my head all day!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

One of my favorite Martin era Sabbath songs. The riff is very catchy and the song has a groove to it. I don't remember where I readit but I think Tony had the main riff as far back as the Dehumanizer sessions

Comment

You can hear it during a jam that is on the instrumental demos.
            The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

I love this song! It's definately one of those catchy ones. Plus, it is from my favourite, yes favourite Sabbath album!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I love this song! It's definately one of those catchy ones. Plus, it is from my favourite, yes favourite Sabbath album!

[/ QUOTE ]
                You´re a very, very rare specimen
                Can't you see what I see
                You and I victims of Their word
                As the master of power
                Try to poison our world
                ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

My first encounter with it was the above mentioned music video. And I must agree, it's indeed very catchy song, and even if the video is 'goofy' I think that it's cool too.

The blood runs free
                  The rain turns red
                  Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    You´re a very, very rare specimen

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. There aren't many people around who's favourite Sabbath album is Forbidden, that's for sure!

Comment

But there is a good number of Sabbath fans that love and appreciate the album. Everyone hears things differently and it makes for interesting conversation.

Comment

I have the instrumental version of forbidden.
                        It's great, you can hear many riffs that are hidden under the voice...
                        BTW, get a grip is a cool song.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Who else loves this song? I admit, its not the greatest song compared to other Sabbath classics, and the song itself is far from being a classic. But its very catchy and I can't get it outta my head, especially the interlude of the song. I personally however don't own Forbidden, at least not yet.

That's my two cents, where's yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. It's not the greatest song ever, but I enjoy it when I listen to it.

I actally like the whole album. link
                          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Please explain: "Get a grip and shake the can".
                            "I don't sound like nobody"

Comment

Can't. Have never understood that myself.
                              Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Working...
                              X