Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

How do you interpret the meaning of "Kiss of Death"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you interpret the meaning of "Kiss of Death"?

How do you interpret the meaning of "Kiss of Death"? To me it's no love song but a farewell song.
    "I don't sound like nobody"

Re: How do you interpret the meaning of "Kiss of Death"?

I don't believe it to be a farewell song. I interpret this as a song (as i do much of the album) as being about a bad relationship coming to an end. That's not to say that I think the whole album is about one theme. The lyrics are set up though to be open ended which allows the listener to take their own meaning out of it.

Comment

I agree with Mob Rules. And this is one of the greatest songs of its kind in my opinion, both musically and lyrically.

"This is no ordinary soul that you're destroying,
      Not just another life that drifts along on the sands of time..."

I don't know why but I just think the lyrics in this song are absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Same here. I also think it's about a bad relationship coming to an end and that's why it is a final saying good-bye: "Someone like you will never get through my door no more". In general it is a mixed emotions situation.

Comment

Re: How do you interpret the meaning of "Kiss of Death"

[ QUOTE ]
          How do you interpret the meaning of "Kiss of Death"? To me it's no love song but a farewell song.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it was new, I used to think it was Sabbath's interpretation of how fans and the public perceived them.

You keep trying to give us the "Kiss of Death", and it doesn't work - we're still here. Too bad the band essentially died "as a band" after that, though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Re: How do you interpret the meaning of "Kiss of Death"

It expresses TM's feelings against his band situation I think [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Comment

Working...
            X