Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Tapes of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapes of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin

They say there are demo tapes of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin on it. Has anyone listened to it?
    "I don't sound like nobody"

Re: Tapes of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin

No that I know. Tony says that he was told that they were floating somewhere in the net, but I doubd it. Some of us would already have them if it was true.

Comment

BTW, check your PM

Comment

I think I have some. I have the instrumental, rehersals (which are instrumental) and the tracks that Geezer did with some other singer. No Martin ones.

Comment

So Tony Martin recorded them, right?

Comment

I think Martin did but they aren't in circulation
            "I want to tell you, yeah
            How Good It Feels
            Sleeping here with you tonight
            And thatís for real"
            -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

There DOES exist a full and completed version of Dehumanizer with Tony Martin on vocals. However, it has never surfaced and no one outside of the band (and producers, etc.) has heard it.

Comment

It would be so interesting to compare those two versions!

Comment

I hope that the full and completed version surfaces someday. it would be nice to have.

Comment

There is similar situation to "Eternal Idol" here.

Comment

Except that Dio must have reworked the melodies and lyrics completely when he came back.
                      "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Comes back? What I have noted is:
                        Dio was with the band, but the things aren't going that good, so Iommi call Tony M. to come back and see how the things should go with him on the vocals.. so they rehersal some things, but didn't worked and Tony M. go out of the studio, and that's all, I don't believe that they fire Dio to be replaced by Tony M. and them bring back Dio again...
                        Am I right, Joe?
                        Can't you see what I see
                        You and I victims of Their word
                        As the master of power
                        Try to poison our world
                        ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

This is the version I read on some Tony Martin interview on the subject too. In Fact, during the recording process of the album, Tony Iommi and Geezer felt that things hadn't really changed with Ronnie and they were unsure about weither this line-up could work or not, so they used some time off to have Tony Martin re-record the vocals to hear how it would sound. Apparently, according to Tony Martin these versions didn't sound good and as Ronnie stayed in the band, this alternate version of "Dehumanizer" was definitely shelved.
                          Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                          "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

This is just to clear the air:

A. Demos of Dehumanizer do exist - there is no singer on it. It is basically Tony, Geezer, and Cozy jamming some song ideas. As to whether Ronnie was a part of the band when these started, maybe yes maybe no, but there is no singer on them. I think people are getting this version confused with this being "the one Tony Martin was a part of."

B. As to the supposed "demos with Tony Martin redoing the vocals", this has become somewhat mythical. Nobody knows if they really exist. Tony Martin has said they existed and that they even "leaked out", but this is unlikley that they leaked out, he might be exaggerating or hallucinating. Or, if they were leaked out, maybe only a select few people close to the band or managemnet, etc have them and it stopped there. Otherwise, somebody somewhere else shoould have had them by now had they officially leaked. Or, Perhaps the demos do exist, but they are probably locked away somewhere.

Comment

Hey we shouldnt lose hope

The Born Again demos were leaked 21 years after they were recorded so you never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X