Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Forbidden album opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden album opener

I know that there has been alot of people say that the illusion of power was not a very good way to start the album and I understand that the album was going to be named that before forbidden and that explains why it was the album opener but which song do you think should have been the first song on this album. I think rusty angels should have been the opener so that it hooked people from the start and kept them listening followed by the illusion of power as the second track so that people would be captivated by its creativity and keep listening further.

Re: Forbidden album opener

I think "Can't Get Close Enough" would have made a fine opening track.

Comment

Shaking Off The Chains would've been good too.

Comment

I am happy with the order of the songs on the album.

Comment

I think Illusion of Power is a great opener

Comment

Get A Grip

Comment

Illuison of Power works.
              The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

I also think that Illusion fits good as opener. Cant imagine it to be where else on the album.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I also think that Illusion fits good as opener. Cant imagine it to be where else on the album.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the cutting room floor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

lol
                    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

This album is killer! If Loser Gets It All was added in all versions of the album, it would be perfect.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the cutting room floor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%! That song is the WORST Sabbath song, period. Rap and Rock do not mix, IMHO. That song is the reason so many people do not like the Forbidden CD, when it really is not bad if ignore the first song on it.
                        Life Member of the NRA

Comment

In my opinion, I think that Illusion of Power should have been left off the album. That song plain sucks and as gunman42782 said, rap and rock do not mix.

A song that I think would have made a really good opener would have to be Forbidden. That song is one of the better songs on the cd and I really like it when I listen to a cd which starts off with a good rocker. Good rocker like songs at the beginning of albums really makes me anticipate whats next on albums.

Comment

I don't think that Illusin Of Power is that bad... The rap part is only few seconds long, I won't let it ruin the whole song! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I like the doomy riff too.

Comment

Well the only part of the song I enjoy is the 30-second intro, I wish they had made the song center around that.

Comment

Working...
                              X