Keyboards On Headless Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboards On Headless Cross

I'm not a member of Hell's Angels, I just thought the name sounded cool. It was too late when I realized what i did and what Hell's Angels was. Hell, I don't even own a motorcycle. Anyway...

Did anyone besides me actually like the keyboards on the Headless Cross album? I find them rather interesting. It actually makes the album sound scary unlike all the Slayer stuff I listen too. Everyone I talk to says the keyboards are what make the album suck.

What do you guys think?

Re: Keyboards On Headless Cross

Well pretty much any fan of slayer isnt going to like the slick 80s sound, especially when its awash with keyboards.

Personally, I think they're fitting on Headless Cross. It definitely gives Headless Cross and Black Moon an advantage.

Comment

I think they belong in there as much as the drums. I like them.
      The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Well man, Geoff Nichols kick a bunch of asses. Sabbath lost a very important member when they gave Geoff a ride, but, what we can do? I'm happy about his actual work with the Bold Brother, and that's why I'll write a report about Geoff for my first note section on a argentinian Heavy Metal magazine.
        Can't you see what I see
        You and I victims of Their word
        As the master of power
        Try to poison our world
        ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Devil & Daughter Live (esp Copenhagen 89) has a really prominent keyboard sound, that actually sounds damn good.

Comment

Never understood that anti-Keyboard sentiment, in the first place. No Sabbath song ever had a keyboard solo or a guitar-organ duel (or am I mistaken?), so why do some people keep scoring hits even at the simple "texturing" keyboard sound? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Why does so many people think that a keybord or synt makes the music soft? I really lika the Headless Cross album and its produktion. Isīt it "the sabbath sound" that we want? I think that it was very right when it came out and it still sounds great to me.

Comment

I think the album would sound unnatural without the keyboards. Geoff Nichols is a genius at the keys; his contribution was definitely a positive one.

Comment

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Davids right, Geoff Nichols kicks ass. The thing that gets me is why didn't they ever count him as an original member? I'm a big fan of the ozzy era stuff but I also have Heaven and Hell and Headless Cross. It has him off to the side, it doesn't have him on the main members list. Was he ever counted as an official member?

Comment

Well, he is not an "original" member, and he was never counted as a member, except maybe for the Seventh Star era, but he was even out of stage the most of the time. He have played bass on one charity show in ī88, too.

Comment

Management kept BSing about Sabbath having to be a four-piece band. That's why he wasn't reconised as a full member of the band until Cross Purposes.
                        The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Think with me... imagine a pie. Four pieces of pie, have bigger pieces than fice pieces... now, transform that pie in a mont of money. That explain a lot of thing..
                          Can't you see what I see
                          You and I victims of Their word
                          As the master of power
                          Try to poison our world
                          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Headless Cross is my least favorite Sabbath album for two reasons. First, the lyrics in my opinion are awful. And the keyboards, are just too prominent...it takes away from the guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I think the album would sound unnatural without the keyboards. Geoff Nichols is a genius at the keys; his contribution was definitely a positive one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X