Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin era CDs no longer sold at Amazon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin era CDs no longer sold at Amazon?

I just noticed that the Martin era CDs appear to no longer be available directly from Amazon.com. Instead, links lead to affiliated sellers, mostly peddling used copies.

I realize this is just one source but I sure hope this is not the first step in these albums going out of print.
    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Re: Martin era CDs no longer sold at Amazon?

Hmm thats strange. It seems to only be the IRS albums though.

I really hope they're not going out of print again.

Comment

I raised this question on this site about a year ago. At that time, on-line sites like Amazon were selling those CDs (the Martin-era IRS releases), brand new, for about $7, which is usually a sign that a label is clearing out its stock of CDs, which is the first step towards an album going out of print.

Comment

Ebay has "Tyr", "Headless Cross", "Forbidden" and "Cross Purposes" all listed at 1 cent each, with just $2.99 for shipping. That was as of last week. Some outlet/factory type store lists them in the Ebay store/Buy It Now section. As far as I know they are all sealed, since I bought a couple of these on Ebay just 2 weeks ago. Only bad part is their checkout system and feedback system is a bit time consuming, but you can get them for 3 bucks each total, including shipping.

Comment

The only Martin albums that I've found in Sweden (both on the net and in stores) are Headless Cross and TYR, released with some "classical rock" magazine. And it contains no lyrics.

I've heard those CD:s are international. Anyone else seen those?

The blood runs free
          The rain turns red
          Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The only Martin albums that I've found in Sweden (both on the net and in stores) are Headless Cross and TYR, released with some "classical rock" magazine. And it contains no lyrics.

[/ QUOTE ]
            check Cdon.com for Eternal Idol [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

ITunes also has EI
              "I want to tell you, yeah
              How Good It Feels
              Sleeping here with you tonight
              And thatís for real"
              -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                check Cdon.com for Eternal Idol [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The blood runs free
                The rain turns red
                Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I raised this question on this site about a year ago. At that time, on-line sites like Amazon were selling those CDs (the Martin-era IRS releases), brand new, for about $7, which is usually a sign that a label is clearing out its stock of CDs, which is the first step towards an album going out of print.

[/ QUOTE ]

In stores also. I got my headless cross and cross purposes for...6.99 each at circuit city brand new

Comment

Eternal Idol was released by Warner Bros so its still available. The stuff released by IRS ("Headless Cross", "Tyre", "Cross Purposes", and "Forbidden") are the ones that seem to be disappearing.

Comment

I found Headless Cross at Wal-Mart for 6 bucks about a year or two ago

Comment

The only Sabbath studio album sol at www.cdon.com is The Eternal Idol.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          And www.swedenrockshop.com for Cross Purposes and Forbidden

Comment

Working...
                          X