Is psychophobia about Dio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is psychophobia about Dio?

Obviously it could be a coincidence, but it seems as though it could have been written about Dio.... Does anybody know?

Re: Is psychophobia about Dio?

I believe it was originally about David Koresh, but there may very well be lyrical parallels about Dio.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I believe it was originally about David Koresh, but there may very well be lyrical parallels about Dio.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. It does seem a bit dramatic if it is about Dio (even loosly). But with the line "it's time to kiss the rainbow goodbye" in a song on the album right after Dio left, I had to wonder!!

Comment

Yeah, someone actually raised a question about that line earlier on this board. I agree, the song's lyrics could definitely be interpreted to be about Dio.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, someone actually raised a question about that line earlier on this board. I agree, the song's lyrics could definitely be interpreted to be about Dio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sorry about that. I did a search before I posted it and it did not come up with any results..... maybe I spelled it wrong or something. Anyway, thanks for the response!

Comment

Wow I was thinking this exact same thing a few days ago. I definitely think it could be about Dio.

Comment

Possibly.
              The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Hmmm, it could be.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is that David Koresh??... He could be famous in the States, but down here... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                  Can't you see what I see
                  You and I victims of Their word
                  As the master of power
                  Try to poison our world
                  ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is that David Koresh??... He could be famous in the States, but down here... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really a cool guy. David Koresh was the guru of an apocalyptic sect called the Davidians which believed in mass suicide I think I remember and became famous during the Wako massacre which opposed them to the US army and the FBI in 1993. Some of his followers still believe Koresh (who has been shot by his right-hand man who comitted suicide right after that) will rise from the dead to show them the way.

More on Koresh : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Koresh
                    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
                    "Black Sabbath : la Bęte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

time ti kiss da rainbow goobye - I'll say yes.

Comment

Yes time to kiss the rainbow goodbye i think thats a slap in the face !

Comment

Slap?... It´s a jab! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Well done, Tony!! Good punch! =p
                          Can't you see what I see
                          You and I victims of Their word
                          As the master of power
                          Try to poison our world
                          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really a cool guy. David Koresh was the guru of an apocalyptic sect called the Davidians which believed in mass suicide I think I remember and became famous during the Wako massacre which opposed them to the US army and the FBI in 1993. Some of his followers still believe Koresh (who has been shot by his right-hand man who comitted suicide right after that) will rise from the dead to show them the way.

More on Koresh : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Koresh

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] wow people can be such idiots.
                            -rar

Comment

Anyone ever think Rusty Angels was about Dio and the Heaven And Hell Album?
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                              X