Buenos Aires 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buenos Aires 94

I was listening to this gig, anybody know whos doing backups on Neon Knights and Headless Cross?
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And that’s for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Re: Buenos Aires 94

Should be Geoff. He has a great voice. That tour was Martin's lowest point with the throat infection and all, so Nichols was backing up a lot there.

Comment

yeah, its a shame Tony didn't sound better will Bill on drums
      How Good It Feels
      And that’s for real"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Should be Geoff. He has a great voice. That tour was Martin's lowest point with the throat infection and all, so Nichols was backing up a lot there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, Tony rules... I mean, I don´t dare to talk when my troat is sick and infected... and the man could sang?? C'mon, he deserv A LOT of credit for that!
        Can't you see what I see
        You and I victims of Their word
        As the master of power
        Try to poison our world
        ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

yeah unlike Ozzy in Camden, Tony tried his fuckin balls off (no pun intended)
          How Good It Feels
          And that’s for real"

Comment

are there any songs out there with Geoff singing lead ?
            How Good It Feels
            And that’s for real"

Comment

I have this boot thanks to Psychophobia and it's interesting. I would have loved to see this lineup (Iommi / Nicholls / Martin / Butler / Ward... or even Iommi / Nicholls / Martin / Murray / Ward [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) to stick a bit longer and record something. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only ones I'm aware of were recorded during the last two shows with Glenn Hughes in 1986. The clearer recording was the end of the Providence 03/25/86 show. Glenn's mic is almost completely cut and Geoff sings "Heaven And Hell" and "Paranoid". It's a shame they never wanted to try Geoff as a singer at the time because he's pretty good. This is why I would love to see him release a solo album. I mean, the man has played rythm guitar in Quartz and co-wrote most of their best songs, played amazing keyboards, bass, guitar in Black Sabbath, did backing vocals and co-wrote some of their greatest material in the 80s / 90s, plus he's a very good singer, a solo album would be gold !!
                Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
                "Black Sabbath : la Bęte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only ones I'm aware of were recorded during the last two shows with Glenn Hughes in 1986. The clearer recording was the end of the Providence 03/25/86 show. Glenn's mic is almost completely cut and Geoff sings "Heaven And Hell" and "Paranoid". It's a shame they never wanted to try Geoff as a singer at the time because he's pretty good. This is why I would love to see him release a solo album. I mean, the man has played rythm guitar in Quartz and co-wrote most of their best songs, played amazing keyboards, bass, guitar in Black Sabbath, did backing vocals and co-wrote some of their greatest material in the 80s / 90s, plus he's a very good singer, a solo album would be gold !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen dude, really, amen!
                  Can't you see what I see
                  You and I victims of Their word
                  As the master of power
                  Try to poison our world
                  ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this boot and Glenns voice is terrible, Geoff was a loyal Sabbath servant and deserves more credit, he should have got a Sabbath pension, or at least a Gold Watch, I mean Cross.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He also wrote/co-wrote songs for other people, including 'Facing Hell' by Ozzy and 'Scary Dreams' by Sabbath to name a few.

Comment

Psycho Man, do you have the MTV broadcast? I'm not sure which date but mine is crazy.

I have a Buenos Aires bootleg and it's so ... weird. Geoff's vocals are litterally way up in the mix and during Time Machine, his keyboards override Iommi's guitars. When he does backups in Headless Cross like during the chorus, MTV down there is crazy. One great video though but MTV edited to hell in terms of setlist and time.

Comment

I dunno whatever is on the FTP
                          How Good It Feels
                          And that’s for real"

Comment

Man I was at that show. It was the very first time I ever heard a song from Black Sabbath (I went with a kiss fan friend of mine)
                            Tony´s voice was all fucked up, but I still felt in love (excuse for my english, I´m trying to say "fall in love" in past) with the band, it was love at first sound!!!
                            I think he sang "children of the sea" quite decently. I didn´t noticed at the time that geoff´s voice stuff, I just realized when I heard the boot.
                            It´s on the ftp, in the martin folder.

Comment

Oh I see, the audio is from Buenos Aires. That's a great show.

I was talking about the Sao Paulo video.

Comment

Working...
                              X