Favorite track from Eternal Idol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite track from Eternal Idol?

Can't decide, but either Hard Life To Love or Lost Forever are my favorites.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Re: Favorite track from Eternal Idol?

The whole album is fantastic, by far my favourite TM-era Sabbath record. There is really not a bad song on that album.

At this moment though, if I have to pick, perhaps Ancient Warrior and Glory Ride.
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

The entire album is fuckin great. Its impossible
      "I want to tell you, yeah
      How Good It Feels
      Sleeping here with you tonight
      And thatís for real"
      -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Outstanding songs are Glory Ride and Eternal Idol [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The Eternal Idol very powerful song " cant you see what i see " sinnerssss say your prayers tonight ! fucking great !

Comment

Great and very under-rated album. Favourite tracks depend on my mood - but in no special order, The Shining, Eternal Idol, Born to Lose, Lost Forever and Hard Life to Love.

Comment

For me...Hard Life to Love and Glory Ride are favorites, but the album as a whole is a great one.

As good of an introduction to an "unknown" singer (at the time) as you'll find....

(Now I'll have to throw the Eternal Idol cd in my truck for the weekend!)
              Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The Eternal Idol very powerful song " cant you see what I see " sinnerssss say your prayers tonight ! fucking great!

[/ QUOTE ]
                Good Part But I Prefer The "He's Not One Thing, Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh We Are His Spirit" Part, That Yell Always Gives Me A Chill, Brings A Smile To My Face Everytime. Hail Tony Martin.

2nd Best Album With Martin, I Love It, Almost Impossible To Choose, But If I Had To It Would Be Either "Nightmare" or "The Shining"

Comment

Either 'Eternal Idol' or 'Glory Ride'

Comment

Born To Lose!

The blood runs free
                    The rain turns red
                    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

The Eternal Idol has become my favourite Tony Martin (Ray Gillen) era albums. IMO this is one of the finest exponents of the 80's heavy rock era (an era which had some shite towards the end of it - but there was quite a bit of shite in the psychedelic era, 70's glam rock, black/death metal, grunge, rap metal era's too). I really much prefer The Eternal Idol to Headless Cross (the last Sabbath album from the 80's) which seems to be a much more popular Martin album for Sabbath listeners.

Comment

great album....i can't pick a favorite because they are all awesome.....this ....is....insane!!!!!!! just kidding!

Comment

The Shining, but I don't like that album very much. It's not my favourite!

Comment

Glory Ride. Damn what a song. I love every second of it.

Comment

Really difficult to choose. The Shining, Ancient Warrior, Scarlet Pimpernel, Nightmare, Eternal Idol are all great.
                              "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Working...
                              X