Why do we hear ICE T on Forbidden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we hear ICE T on Forbidden?

Anyone have any idea of why he was rapping on Forbidden? It's not that I dislike it, I think it fits nice.
    But it still seems strange to put him in there.

I read somewhere that "the rap thing ruined the feeling" citat Martin. I mean, can Ernie C really force the band to include a rapper? Don't think so, not after 17 albums.

Is Iommi the one to blame (or praise as in my case [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])?

And btw, this is problaby the best of all the Sabbath's album IMO. It should be Forbidden to hate Forbidden! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The blood runs free
    The rain turns red
    Give me the wine you keep the bread

Re: Why do we hear ICE T on Forbidden?

I love Forbiddeen also. Ice used the intro to the song Black Sabbath on one of his songs
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thats for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I love Forbiddeen also. Ice used the intro to the song Black Sabbath on one of his songs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think I heard that somewhere. But I don't rembemer really. Did he just use those three notes and rap to them?

The blood runs free
      The rain turns red

Comment

Its an excerpt from 1995 interview with Tony Martin and Cozy Powell which was carried by Daniela. The whole text is here: http://user.tninet.se/~cxq849j/Intrw.html

I think you can find some answers in it.

--------------------------
        D indicates Daniela, the webmaster
        C indicates Cozy
        T indicates Tony
        --------------------------

D: What can you tell me about Ice-T appearing on the album?
        T: We had a phone call basically. He wanted to work with us. Tony went to meet him, they got on well and from Ice-T, Earnie C was recommended to us as a producer for some of the tracks on the album, so it all started to develop, step by step. And in the end, Earnie ended up producing the whole album, which is quite good. His input really was a "feel"-thing, all the songs were already written by the time he got there.
        Well, you see, we didn't know what he was gonna sing... In fact, he didn't know what we were gonna write, and we didn't know what he was gonna rap ! So it was kind of rap by post if you like. We did the songs in the UK, sent one of them over to him, he rapped on it and sent it back. It turned out quite good.
        C: I mean, if it had been a typical rap-thing with us it would have been ridicilous, but what he's done on the track he's done is actually really good.
        D. It is different..!
        T: It is different, but that's the point, it was supposed to be.
        C: It was meant to be a guest appearance on one track, nothing more.
        D: That was the first song I heard when I put the CD on, and I went: "WHAT is THIS?"
        T: ...that stands before me!?
        C: It's just a little bit different...
        T: We had to ask a lot of questions... It's not something that sort of came up, like, "oh yeah, let's do that", we all looked at eachother and went: "Are you sure ??" Do we really wanna do this? But it turned out good.
        C: I think Ice and Earnie were a lot influenced by Sabbath anyway, so...That was where the connection originally came from, not that we absolutely wanted some rappers on a Sabbath-album..!
        D: So, who knows who will appear on the next Sabbath-album!
        C: Goodness only knows...! We'll probably have Madonna on the next!
        T: (laughs) NOT!!.
        "I don't sound like nobody"

Comment

Personally I hate it. I don't think the heavy metal pioneers should have included something like rap, which would later sink heavy metal into the deeper realms of musical enjoyment by the public.
          -rar

Comment

Thanks Adam! Answers my question [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The blood runs free
            The rain turns red

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Thanks Adam! Answers my question [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome!
              "I don't sound like nobody"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think I heard that somewhere. But I don't rembemer really. Did he just use those three notes and rap to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

no he used the storm too. I posted it a while ago let me see if I can find it
                "I want to tell you, yeah
                How Good It Feels
                Sleeping here with you tonight
                And thats for real"
                -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

I dont really think its as unbearable as some people make it out to be. Its not even a "rap". Its just a spoken word piece in the middle of the song-- I dont even think it lasts 30 seconds.

Comment

Also, when he sampled "Black Sabbath" that was spoken word too. And it wasn't him speaking, it was Jello Biafra. It was just an intro to his "The Iceberg/Freedom Of Speech... Just Watch What You Say" album.
                    >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                    SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                    YR CPTIN SPEKING
                    YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Well, I actually like a lot of the songs on Forbidden, just not that one. I think the whole song sucks, and I despise the fact that they let any rap singer on a Black Sabbath album. I have said many times that there are only two kinds of music that I absolutely hate, and that is rap and opera.
                      Life Member of the NRA

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        C: I think Ice and Earnie were a lot influenced by Sabbath anyway, so...That was where the connection originally came from, not that we absolutely wanted some rappers on a Sabbath-album..!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... At this point, I would love a new Sabbath album, even with Madonna as guest singer... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
                        Can't you see what I see
                        You and I victims of Their word
                        As the master of power
                        Try to poison our world
                        ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... At this point, I would love a new Sabbath album, even with Madonna as guest singer... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to.

[ QUOTE ]
                          D: That was the first song I heard when I put the CD on, and I went: "WHAT is THIS?"
                          T: ...that stands before me!?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that Tony Martin have some humor, Cozy to.
                          I laughed a bit [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Anyway, a rapper in Sabbath, from the first time I knew what kind of music Sabbath is, I would never, ever imagine a rapper in Sabbath [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

What is the problem with it? I mean aslong as it sounds good.

The blood runs free
                            The rain turns red

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              What is the problem with it? I mean aslong as it sounds good.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, that is the problem with it, it does not sound good! I think it is the single worst Sabbath song ever.
                              Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Working...
                              X