Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Box The Tony Martin Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Box The Tony Martin Years

With the soon to be release of The Dio years box set maybe the fans of Tony Martin can pray for the release of a box set of the cds of his era , hopefully it will contain a full Cross Purposes Live set and a dvd of the Tyr tour with a tribute to the late great Cozy Powell ! Any thoughts !

Re: Black Box The Tony Martin Years

Unfortunately I think we're gonna be waiting A LOT for that one :'(
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Unfortunately I think we're gonna be waiting A LOT for that one :'(

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly but you never know money talks and theres a strong following for this line-up ! Also theres 7th Star and Born Again how will they be packaged will they be included in a Martin box set as extras ?

Comment

More than a Black Box, we need a Rare & Live Stuff Box. Like the rough demos of Forbidden, the demos of Dehumanizer with Martin, some of the best live shows from soundboard recording, unreleased songs (if they exists), an of course some DVDīs.
        There is no point on a box with the official cdīs, as they donīt need to be re-mixed as the Ozzy era stuff.

Comment

Well, if Tony Iommi has the money to put that box set out some day, I think he would just take the Martin stuff and package it together with Born Again and Seventh Star and some live goodies. Would be called something like "The Dark years of Sabbath" <_>
          The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            they donīt need to be re-mixed as the Ozzy era stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes they do! Forbidden is begging to be re mixed!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Well, if Tony Iommi has the money to put that box set out some day, I think he would just take the Martin stuff and package it together with Born Again and Seventh Star and some live goodies. Would be called something like "The Dark years of Sabbath" <_>

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go thats a good idea !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                More than a Black Box, we need a Rare & Live Stuff Box. Like the rough demos of Forbidden, the demos of Dehumanizer with Martin, some of the best live shows from soundboard recording, unreleased songs (if they exists), an of course some DVDīs.
                There is no point on a box with the official cdīs, as they donīt need to be re-mixed as the Ozzy era stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that would be great imagine if they rereleased Dehumanizer with Martin and Powell oh my god that would be kick ass and a low blow to Dio !

Comment

you could plead that to Tony on his message boards the next time there is an "Ask Tony" opprotunity
                  "I want to tell you, yeah
                  How Good It Feels
                  Sleeping here with you tonight
                  And that’s for real"
                  -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

I think the only way these things will be released, is if some kind of Black Sabbath fan club puts these albums together (the exact same way the DPAS has all those rare CDs released).

Comment

hmm i think this would fit in with the rest of the black boxes...then they could sell a black box trilogy...i'd love to own that, TM era fan or not!
                      -rar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        you could plead that to Tony on his message boards the next time there is an "Ask Tony" opprotunity

[/ QUOTE ]

I already know what his answer will be, it'll be some wishy-washy non-committal answer like "Well, those years were really great and I'd sure love to put out a box for them. I've got a lot of other projects going on and there isn't a lot of time but you never know."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I already know what his answer will be, it'll be some wishy-washy non-committal answer like "Well, those years were really great and I'd sure love to put out a box for them. I've got a lot of other projects going on and there isn't a lot of time but you never know."

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. But it's no need to blame Tony (Not that you did but anyway). What is he supposed to say? "No never, such box wouldn't be a commercial sucesess we have many other more important projects than that one".

The blood runs free
                          The rain turns red
                          Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

thats why you beg him to [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], but you're right, Tony is very good at interviews and answering questions.
                            "I want to tell you, yeah
                            How Good It Feels
                            Sleeping here with you tonight
                            And that’s for real"
                            -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

He never gives off too much info. You can tell he was a criminal when he was young. Cause he is tightlipped.

Comment

Working...
                              X