Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Thanks to board member and Tony Martin solo !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to board member and Tony Martin solo !

Many thanks to board member Frankln for hooking me up with 3 shows of Tony Martin solo stuff , guys like him make this board great , also i withdraw my early post of Tony Martin unknown band from what i heard these guys rock !Many thanks to them for keeping this music alive for many of us ! And a big thumbs down to Tony Iommi ,sorry but he still could have had a kick ass band and made music in his vision but went for the almight dollar and O$$Y Instead [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] !Now hes doing nothing except for the sorry Ozzfest and some times great solo projects with Glenn Hughes !There i let my feelings hit the fan ,so i await the onslaught of comments !Thanks for your time !

Re: Thanks to board member and Tony Martin solo !

I agree on your Tony Iommi comments.
    http://www.last.fm/user/ColdSabbathRain

Comment

Thanks im sure there are other also, he dumped a working band for a greatest hits show !

Comment

It was nice at first to see those four since during the Reunion tour was the only time I saw Sabbath (saw Ozzy and Geezer on the No Rest For The Wicked tour) but after the first time, and the promise of new material fizzling out, it became stale.
        Makes me respect Deep Purple more.
        The Tyr lineup was the best lineup Sabbath had in my opinion. Forbidden isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be.
        Headless Cross (especially the track "When Death Calls") was great.
        Eternal Idol was good as well. Didn't seem as up to par as the subsequent Tony Martin albums but "Glory Ride" really grabbed me.
        I can see the reasoning behind reuniting with Ronnie Dio because they probably thought it would be like the first two albums (with RJD) in terms of quality and, while it wasn't, was still a great Sabbath album.
        I think the two tracks on the Reunion live album held great promise for the future but now it's like an oldies road show. The Ozzy songs were good in their day (and still are really) but if someone wanted to hear the same songs over and again why not just put on an album? I could see the interest if they hadn't seen Iommi/Osbourne/Butler/Ward before but after a while don't continuous greatest hits packages become redundant? That contributed greatly to my preference for the Tony Martin era of Black Sabbath. It also makes me look forward even more to "The Dio Years".

Comment

Great post you made there.
          "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Not too fanboyish eh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thought out and from the heart . A fan whos tired of the B.S !No pun intended ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thought out and from the heart . A fan whos tired of the B.S !No pun intended ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Blonde Sharon? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Blonde Sharon? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could go either way [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] really ment bulls**t ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Same Sharon, different pile! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Same Sharon, different pile! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nelson.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad you are so right on the money ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X