Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Purposes Live

Hi All,

Gave the video Cross Purposes Live a play yesterday again and I notice there isnt much warmth or banter between Iommi and Geezer with Martin. When you see Ozzy or Dio live with Sabbath there always seems to be smiles and banter.

Re: Cross Purposes Live

check right after the little bass solo/kinda thing in Time Machine, Iommi does smile. I noticed that. But the infrequency of it may have just had to do with the fact that they had been through quite a bit. the band was a lot different now.
    -rar

Comment

From videos I've watched IMO Tony seemed like he was really enjoying playing Camden 2004 with Rob Halford. With Ozzy its all the same thing but wiht Rob foorgetting lyrics and cues on Paranoid, i haven't seen the Sabs like that with Ozzy
      "I want to tell you, yeah
      How Good It Feels
      Sleeping here with you tonight
      And that’s for real"
      -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Yeah, you can clearly see what show Tony (Iommi) enjoyed more, Reunion or Cross Purposes!

The blood runs free
        The rain turns red
        Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, you can clearly see what show Tony (Iommi) enjoyed more, Reunion or Cross Purposes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you can clearly see what Iommi enjoys more Ozzy or Glenn Hughes !

Comment

its not very clear to me
            "I want to tell you, yeah
            How Good It Feels
            Sleeping here with you tonight
            And that’s for real"
            -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              its not very clear to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see scince the release of Reunion 0 new music with Ozzy 2 with Mr. Hughes am i wrong ?

Comment

Yeah, they don't really interact with each other. I'm sure relations were a little frosty at the time. Even still, some people are just extremely low-key on stage, like Mr. Iommi.

Comment

I donīt know, but for me, Martin era was more ahm... "professional", like shut up and play. On the Ozzy years, it was filled with jokes and etc.. but if you watch videos from that gigs, you will see that Tony didnīt like those jokes.

But watching that Costa Mesa video, when Rob start to sing Children Of The Grave. Itīs so funny seing Iommi laughin and smilling when he signs to Rob to stop to sing! LOL
                  Can't you see what I see
                  You and I victims of Their word
                  As the master of power
                  Try to poison our world
                  ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

I wish I could find this for a reasonable price. Amazon wants $100.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules I donīt know, but for me, Martin era was more ahm... "professional", like shut up and play. On the Ozzy years, it was filled with jokes and etc.. but if you watch videos from that gigs, you will see that Tony didnīt like those jokes.

But watching that Costa Mesa video, when Rob start to sing Children Of The Grave. Itīs so funny seing Iommi laughin and smilling when he signs to Rob to stop to sing! LOL
                      Maybe it's because Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, Bill and Rob Halford have known each other since they were teenagers while the Martin era line-ups were mainly composed of musicians who, while sometimes more gifted than the originals (you can give me Neil Murray over Geezer any day), didn't share the same friendship as the old ones. Hence the more professional gigs but less goofing around.
                      Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies don’t use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of “Dehumanizer”.
                      "Black Sabbath : la Bęte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Working...
                      X