Availability of Tony Martin Era Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Forbidden all day every day .... and it just keeps getting better and better and better ,,, the album is spectacular , so much so , I have to redo my Sab album rankings.
    I support the argument which says that when an artist is in a miserable and sh*tty mood, he can produce some of his best work. The same i feel about Forbidden. It was released on a really bad phase of the band but, the songs are great, i can feel the desperation in those songs and i really like this feel. Also, i really like the raw production on this one, I prefer it over the processed sound of previous works, like Headless Cross in which, you instantly understand that it is a product of the 80s. On Forbidden, you can't tell that because, the production is really organic, with no further trickery. I really like Forbidden and i'm really curious about the difference of the remixed version which is on the works and i wonder when we will have it....

Comment

Originally posted by tsimisde View Post

I support the argument which says that when an artist is in a miserable and sh*tty mood, he can produce some of his best work. The same i feel about Forbidden. It was released on a really bad phase of the band but, the songs are great, i can feel the desperation in those songs and i really like this feel. Also, i really like the raw production on this one, I prefer it over the processed sound of previous works, like Headless Cross in which, you instantly understand that it is a product of the 80s. On Forbidden, you can't tell that because, the production is really organic, with no further trickery. I really like Forbidden and i'm really curious about the difference of the remixed version which is on the works and i wonder when we will have it....
      Great and accurate post mate!
      Forbidden rules mankind \m/

Comment

Great to see all the love for Forbidden!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by sin - lum View Post

Then provide the sales figures, my good man. How do you have access to that info also and why didn`t you post it to begin with?

You state here "THE SABBATH RE RELEASES WERE PUT TOGETHER BY THE RECORD LABELS , that are still in our existence , with very little help and input from Iommi and company (tho surprisingly the Sab's did have some pull with the 2010s , not a ton , but some)", so the releases do involve the members of Sabbath to some degree therefore the releases then are not solely done through the record label. This is especially the case with the Born Again and The Eternal Idol albums since they included material which only the band members would have at their disposal - the alternative track versions.

Just from my point of view, your writing style is difficult to follow - YOU USE SO MANY CAPITALS!!!!
          Doc knows more about Sabbath than Tony Iommi himself, and thatís FACT MY GOOD MAN!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

GUYS , ANSWER THIS QUESTION HERE OR IN "THE LISTEN" .....

Ok , contest , giveaway .... the album FORBIDDEN has moved up my album list faster than any release since "Mob Rules" ,, and because of that we have a little fun give away were doing at the club's , and we thought we would extend it to BSO , who ever wins we will set up for you to call and order anything up to 50 dollars before shipping from SOUND EXCHANGE ..... here is the 2 part question ,, if you have read what I have written here over the past 8 years ,, answer 1 should be easy , answer 2 may be a bit harder ,,, but not really , well maybe .... OK , HERE WE GO -

1) KISS OF DEATH it a total and utter masterpiece , so much so , that every album in the history of our planet cannot and does not produce a TRACK TEN (track 10) as good as or beeter than KISS OF DEATH , besides one single album ,,, in other words "Kiss of Death" is the SECOND greatest track 10 ever written ,, WHAT IS THE NUMBER ONE TRACK TEN (in my eyes) OF ALL TIME ??

2) What is the THIRD greatest TRACK TEN of all time ??

So the contest is answer these 2 questions correctly ...
            1) ?
            2) KISS OF DEATH
            3) ?

.... side note , may mean NOTHING AT ALL or may mean everything if you pay attention , or maybe not ,, "13" is a Sabbath 16 track double album , making "Peace Of Mind" , obviously , track 10.

Let the madness begin , for a 50 dollar gem or gems before shipping from SOUND EXCHANGE , Jesus Bless , Doc ...

Comment

GUYS , ANSWER THIS QUESTION HERE OR IN "THE LISTEN" .....

Ok , contest , giveaway .... the album FORBIDDEN has moved up my album list faster than any release since "Mob Rules" ,, and because of that we have a little fun give away were doing at the club's , and we thought we would extend it to BSO , who ever wins we will set up for you to call and order anything up to 50 dollars before shipping from SOUND EXCHANGE ..... here is the 2 part question ,, if you have read what I have written here over the past 8 years ,, answer 1 should be easy , answer 2 may be a bit harder ,,, but not really , well maybe .... OK , HERE WE GO -

1) KISS OF DEATH it a total and utter masterpiece , so much so , that every album in the history of our planet cannot and does not produce a TRACK TEN (track 10) as good as or beeter than KISS OF DEATH , besides one single album ,,, in other words "Kiss of Death" is the SECOND greatest track 10 ever written ,, WHAT IS THE NUMBER ONE TRACK TEN (in my eyes) OF ALL TIME ??

2) What is the THIRD greatest TRACK TEN of all time ??

So the contest is answer these 2 questions correctly ...
              1) ?
              2) KISS OF DEATH
              3) ?

.... side note , may mean NOTHING AT ALL or may mean everything if you pay attention , or maybe not ,, "13" is a Sabbath 16 track double album , making "Peace Of Mind" , obviously , track 10.

Let the madness begin , for a 50 dollar gem or gems before shipping from SOUND EXCHANGE , Jesus Bless , Doc ...
              Buried Alive and Breaking Into Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post

Buried Alive and Breaking Into Heaven.
                Wow buddy ... great answer !! Yes to Buried Alive ,,, and tho Breaking Into Heaven is fantastic ... it's not number 3 ,, close tho!! .... your not out of the contest , everyone gets up to 3 shots!! ... thanks for answering Historian.

Comment

Doc
                  Buried alive and Evil eye \m/

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                    Doc
                    Buried alive and Evil eye \m/
                    "Heaven looking down .....!" ,,,, Evil Eye is fantastic!! , but along with Under The Sun and Breaking Into Heaven - not #3 .....

Comment

"Heaven looking down .....!" ,,,, Evil Eye is fantastic!! , but along with Under The Sun and Breaking Into Heaven - not #3 .....
                      Into the night Doc, please say it's so \m/

Comment

Into the night Doc, please say it's so \m/
                        Duuuuuuuude! Amazing track .....

"Are you sure you're so clean and pure
                        As you lie here in front of me now
                        And you're tempting the lord of darkness
                        As you see what's forbidden to see"

.... as close to #3 as you can get , but it isn't so

Comment

Duuuuuuuude! Amazing track .....

"Are you sure you're so clean and pure
                          As you lie here in front of me now
                          And you're tempting the lord of darkness
                          As you see what's forbidden to see"

.... as close to #3 as you can get , but it isn't so
                          Thought I had it Doc! I guess OID was the better man \m/
                          Congrats OID!

Comment

Thought I had it Doc! I guess OID was the better man \m/
                            Congrats OID!
                            You’re the best man Ronn!!!! (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                            X