X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psycho Man
    replied
    Re: Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

don't count on that happening, few people even know about it and those who do bash it cuase a rapper has a few sentances of spoken word or because of the production.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

You see.. my thoughts is that this album will become a classic!

Leave a comment:

• Renaissance
    replied

Mine is the title track, Illusion of Power (yes with Ice-T) or Can't Get Close Enough to You.

Leave a comment:

• Slag
    replied

The production killed it for me, still besides that it's damn good. I used to bash it when I first heard it, but then I listened to it again a few weeks ago and listened to the whole thing without turning it off. My favorite song is Shaking Off the Chains

Leave a comment:

• Renaissance
    replied

They were good...I like Forbidden I listened to the entire album today, along with Deep Purple's Machine Head and Fleetwood Mac's Dance...(I like Fleetwood Mac, so what!)

Leave a comment:

• Eternal Idol
    replied

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules
    Originally Posted By: El Lobo I like this album but there are a few things that bother me. I like the lyrics, there are quite a few good songs, I like Ice-T's part (YES, THAT's A KILLER PART, he's a rap artist, SO WHAT?), and the drumming is great, I like that Murray is back on it and not "look, my music is so cool" Buttler.

The things I don't like are: the sound. Sometimes it seems like Martin is singing in the bathrum. The guitar sound is raw and unpolished, the bass is sometimes inaudible some songs lack catchy melodies.

Fron 1-10 Forbidden gets a 7 from me. As a comparation:

Eternal idol: 8
    Headless Cross: 10000000000000000000000000000000000
    Tyr: 9
    Cross Purposes: 8
    Forbidden: 7
    Dehumanizer (not Martin, but I must bash it) : -888 (yes, negative points)
    I wonder how this album will sound when/if they remaster if!... I mean, they have the master tapes, it just need a decent produtor! Who was the guy that produce Headless Cross? Now, that's a AWESOME production and sounding!

Cozy Powell and Iommi my friend !

Leave a comment:

• Renaissance
    replied

The whole movie is a drum solo!

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

Originally Posted By: El Lobo
    Originally Posted By: Ray Rules Who was the guy that produce Headless Cross?
    You'll need to dig Cozy out then
    Ok, lemme call George Romero! Let's produce a movie, "The Night Of The Living Cozy"

Leave a comment:

• Renaissance
    replied

Time Machine!

Leave a comment:

• El Lobo
    replied

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules Who was the guy that produce Headless Cross?
    You'll need to dig Cozy out then

Leave a comment:

• Renaissance
    replied

i thought it was fine...

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

Originally Posted By: El Lobo I like this album but there are a few things that bother me. I like the lyrics, there are quite a few good songs, I like Ice-T's part (YES, THAT's A KILLER PART, he's a rap artist, SO WHAT?), and the drumming is great, I like that Murray is back on it and not "look, my music is so cool" Buttler.

The things I don't like are: the sound. Sometimes it seems like Martin is singing in the bathrum. The guitar sound is raw and unpolished, the bass is sometimes inaudible some songs lack catchy melodies.

I wonder how this album will sound when/if they remaster if!... I mean, they have the master tapes, it just need a decent produtor! Who was the guy that produce Headless Cross? Now, that's a AWESOME production and sounding!

Leave a comment:

• mymusic1972
    replied

i really don't think the cd was bad at all. i really like it except for the ice-t track. outside of that i really like the title track and sick and tired. what a cool bluesy song! a definite replay button hitting tune! i think rusty angels has a cool riff as well.

Leave a comment:

• El Lobo
    replied

I like this album but there are a few things that bother me. I like the lyrics, there are quite a few good songs, I like Ice-T's part (YES, THAT's A KILLER PART, he's a rap artist, SO WHAT?), and the drumming is great, I like that Murray is back on it and not "look, my music is so cool" Buttler.

Leave a comment:

• Gardener
    replied

There are a lot of songs I love on this album but the production is ruining it for me. Great tunes but crappy sound.

In fact, I hated this album until I first heard bootlegs from this tour. Once I heard the songs live, I went back to my CD and it grew on me. Once you realise the music is good, you can go pass the bad production I guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X