Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
    I'm curious about the difference of the remixed version of this album. The sound is a bit thin on Forbidden, espescially the drum sound is not so heavy but, comparing to the full-of-reverb drum sound on Headless Cross for example, the sound is more natural and not so dated while on Headless Cross, it smells like 80's spirit.

    I cannot imagine how different will it sound after the remix but, i don't have any problem with the sound to be honest. Indeed, the things are natural, not so many chorusy stuff on vocals, it feels more natural without many studio effects.

    And songwise, is not so bad either. The "Rap Sabbath" term is pure bullsh*t and it was one of the reasons why this album tanked on sales.

    It is a great album, i'm waiting for the remixed version. Until then, lets enjoy the existing one.....
    I like this album a lot, I also can't wait for the new remixed album, though I never had a problem with it's sound.

    That was one of the turn offs with me when Forbidden came out, Ice-T, only because I was biased against rap and Ice-T performing on the album.

    Now I love the album and Illusion Of Power is one of my favorites on the album and it has one of the coolest and best album covers.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      I know it's not at the top of your priority list, but when you do listen to it, let us know your thoughts on it, if they have changed.
      Sorry for the suspense, but I only have a digital copy these days and my car stereo doesn't accept burnt cd s.
      Waiting for the perfect storm where I can crank it via my wife's laptop and the entertainment unit...I don't want to give it a half ass hearing(s).

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
        Sorry for the suspense, but I only have a digital copy these days and my car stereo doesn't accept burnt cd s.
        Waiting for the perfect storm where I can crank it via my wife's laptop and the entertainment unit...I don't want to give it a half ass hearing(s).
        That's understandable Wheels.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          I like this album a lot, I also can't wait for the new remixed album, though I never had a problem with it's sound.

          That was one of the turn offs with me when Forbidden came out, Ice-T, only because I was biased against rap and Ice-T performing on the album.

          Now I love the album and Illusion Of Power is one of my favorites on the album and it has one of the coolest and best album covers.
          Really??!! I always felt that the album cover was terrible and one of the main reasons why the album got so (unfairly) slated?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Towelie View Post
            Really??!! I always felt that the album cover was terrible and one of the main reasons why the album got so (unfairly) slated?
            Well, the cover IS terrible. The reaper-dude looks cool but everything else is just... I don't know.
            http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
            http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
            http://pike.bandcamp.com
            http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
            http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              I like this album a lot, I also can't wait for the new remixed album, though I never had a problem with it's sound.

              That was one of the turn offs with me when Forbidden came out, Ice-T, only because I was biased against rap and Ice-T performing on the album.

              Now I love the album and Illusion Of Power is one of my favorites on the album and it has one of the coolest and best album covers.
              Originally posted by Ala View Post
              Well, the cover IS terrible. The reaper-dude looks cool but everything else is just... I don't know.
              Originally posted by Towelie View Post
              Really??!! I always felt that the album cover was terrible and one of the main reasons why the album got so (unfairly) slated?

              One of Sabbath's most iconic "underground following" album covers of all time ,, and a straight up excellent cover all around ... love it!

              The color scheme just pops! And works! ... The reaper from the "Kiss Of Death" demonic cauldron - taking our band into the fire ,,,, "Every lie that you tell you get closer Closer to the edge of the Cauldron and in to the fire, yeah Every life you destroy will return, it will come back and haunt you For ever and ever"

              The vinyl cover is friggin GORGEOUS , The Japanese import is just beautiful!

              .... and then the obvious brilliance with Iommi (and guitar) Murray (with bass) Nicholls (with keyboard) Martin (with Cat, TONY THE CAT MARTIN) Cozy (on motorcycle , a avid motorcycle man in the REAL world), Ice T (bandana), and Ernie C (shades and backward ballcap) and then ALL "the Unknown" .....


              GREAT friggin ALBUM COVER!!

              Comment


              • Great info Doc \m/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                  One of Sabbath's most iconic "underground following" album covers of all time ,, and a straight up excellent cover all around ... love it!

                  The color scheme just pops! And works! ... The reaper from the "Kiss Of Death" demonic cauldron - taking our band into the fire ,,,, "Every lie that you tell you get closer Closer to the edge of the Cauldron and in to the fire, yeah Every life you destroy will return, it will come back and haunt you For ever and ever"

                  The vinyl cover is friggin GORGEOUS , The Japanese import is just beautiful!

                  .... and then the obvious brilliance with Iommi (and guitar) Murray (with bass) Nicholls (with keyboard) Martin (with Cat, TONY THE CAT MARTIN) Cozy (on motorcycle , a avid motorcycle man in the REAL world), Ice T (bandana), and Ernie C (shades and backward ballcap) and then ALL "the Unknown" .....


                  GREAT friggin ALBUM COVER!!
                  Great album and cover, I truly don't know how anyone can say it's Sabbath's worst.

                  Originally posted by ronn View Post
                  Great info Doc \m/
                  Ronn, buddy always good to hear from you, hope you are well my friend.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X