X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover
    replied
    Re: Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz I heard all of the negativity about forbidden so when I bought the album I went to the title track see if it was any good. The song (forbidden) is amazing track. No one seems to keen about it.
    I happen to love this song as well. It used to be my "theme song" for awhile, too.
    I also like Kiss of Death (sure), Loser Gets It All (should have been an opener) and Shaking off the Chains.

However, Forbidden suffers from having lots of filler, more so than the other Sabbath albums (maybe the same could be said about TE & NSD).

Leave a comment:

• JEFFMETAL
    replied

I think Forbidden is a very good album anyways. Got some classic tracks Get A Grip, Rusty Angels, Loser Gets It All and the rest of the album is good. Apart from the unnecessary rap on The Illusion Of Power, Sick And Tired and Guilty As Hell which are the weak links on the album, it is a 8,0/10,0 album for me. Martin's lyrics are also very personal and keep us guessing for who they are directioned.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Rules
    replied

This cd rules man! Many good songs, and a few killers, like Forbidden, Get A Grip and the CLASSIC Kiss Of Death! Oh.. I love KOD lyrics! It's so passionate.. sounds like TM sending a message to Sharon Osbourne!

Leave a comment:

• gunman42782
    replied

I think it gets trashed more than it should. The only song I hate on it is the first with Ice T. I honestly think that one song has turned most hard core Sabbath fans against the album. The rest of the album is pretty good. But, to be fair, even Tony Martin said it was the worse album he made with Sabbath.

Leave a comment:

• MarcStitz
    replied

I heard all of the negativity about forbidden so when I bought the album I went to the title track see if it was any good. The song (forbidden) is amazing track. No one seems to keen about it.

Leave a comment:

• Niklas
    replied

I love the album...

Leave a comment:

• Renaissance
    replied

Thank you...someone agrees!

Leave a comment:

• Eternal Idol
    replied

Originally Posted By: Renaissance Well...this album gets so much negative attention...Well let's look at this then...
    Forbidden (as you all know) was Black Sabbath's last studio album made (so far). It is often seen as it's worst-which I don't think it's true. It had a killer line up of Iommi/Nicholls/Murray/Powell/Martin, and the album itself had a really neat cover... The only thing I don't like about it is the echo voices on "Can't Get Close Enough To You"... I never minded that Ice-T was on there or Ernie C produced it, that wasn't an issue to me... I think every Black Sabbath album has something to offer and Forbidden is no different. The person I feel shines on the album is Cozy Powell, his drumming is hard, and fast. Cozy was the highlight for me on this album, but Tony Iommi does some great solo's and riffs too... On a more personal note, I have a big poster of the Forbidden line up on my wall, because I like the album and I feel they deserve it.

I used to rank this cd low on the Martin scale , found the production dull but i bought the Japanese version with Loser Gets It All and been hooked ever scince . I found the sound better on the import ! Now it ranks higher for me than Cross Purposes !

Leave a comment:

• Renaissance
    started a topic Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Well...this album gets so much negative attention...Well let's look at this then...
    Forbidden (as you all know) was Black Sabbath's last studio album made (so far). It is often seen as it's worst-which I don't think it's true. It had a killer line up of Iommi/Nicholls/Murray/Powell/Martin, and the album itself had a really neat cover... The only thing I don't like about it is the echo voices on "Can't Get Close Enough To You"... I never minded that Ice-T was on there or Ernie C produced it, that wasn't an issue to me... I think every Black Sabbath album has something to offer and Forbidden is no different. The person I feel shines on the album is Cozy Powell, his drumming is hard, and fast. Cozy was the highlight for me on this album, but Tony Iommi does some great solo's and riffs too... On a more personal note, I have a big poster of the Forbidden line up on my wall, because I like the album and I feel they deserve it.
Working...
X