Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post

Yes I have - thanks for your post and sorry OID for not informing you of my reaction to the song here sooner. I think it's an interesting track which sounds to me like an amalgamation of different musical styles/flavours, which doesn't really surprise me given the musicians who participated in it's recording - I see that the song was written by Ian G. and Tony.

Ted
    I think you got me confused with someone else, I read the thread and was curious if you heard the song, I am not OID. I know you like Born Again and was just curious if you heard the song and liked it being it was a collaboration between Tony and Ian,
    "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
    ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
      I think you got me confused with someone else, I read the thread and was curious if you heard the song, I am not OID. I know you like Born Again and was just curious if you heard the song and liked it being it was a collaboration between Tony and Ian,
      Actually, no I didn't confuse you with OID; I see I should have worded my reply differently. I know you and OID are 2 different people.

I was pleased to hear how Tony and Ian sounded on the collaboration - given that it was recorded so many years after Born Again, it was nice to hear and be reminded of how much diversity and creativity 2 musicians with such immense pedigrees with their craft are capable of.

Ted
      Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

Actually, no I didn't confuse you with OID; I see I should have worded my reply differently. I know you and OID are 2 different people.

I was pleased to hear how Tony and Ian sounded on the collaboration - given that it was recorded so many years after Born Again, it was nice to hear and be reminded of how much diversity and creativity 2 musicians with such immense pedigrees with their craft are capable of.

Ted
        Sorry Ted rereading your post I see how I got confused.

Did you like it? I like the song as I’m an Ian Gillan fan, and of course a IommI fan, and it kind of brought to my mind had Sabbath stuck with Ian, the great music and albums we would’ve had with the name Black Sabbath on them, instead of having to put up looking at album covers that say Black Sabbath when they are clearly not Sabbath.
        "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
        ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
          Sorry Ted rereading your post I see how I got confused.

Did you like it? I like the song as I’m an Ian Gillan fan, and of course a IommI fan, and it kind of brought to my mind had Sabbath stuck with Ian, the great music and albums we would’ve had with the name Black Sabbath on them, instead of having to put up looking at album covers that say Black Sabbath when they are clearly not Sabbath.
          No worries. These things happen. I thought the song was pretty good but not in the same league as the best songs on Born Again. Again, though, maybe I shouldn't compare it with those songs due to the great length of time that has passed between the recordings, and because the new song was recorded by a mainly different lineup and not under the Sabbath name.

Yes, I can certainly see how the new song makes us think of what might have transpired if IG had stayed w/Sabbath for more albums. Maybe the Group's popularity would have been maintained and they wouldn't have had to face being dropped by WB after the record company erroneously insisted on continuing the Black Sabbath name.

Ted
          Last edited by Ted Sallis; 03-18-2021, 08:02 AM.
          Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

• Forbidden isn't bad, but the production is quirky at best. I also seem to remember Tony Martin stated that he did a lot of background vocals that where left out from the final release. I'm hoping for a remix on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keefoman View Post
              Forbidden isn't bad, but the production is quirky at best. I also seem to remember Tony Martin stated that he did a lot of background vocals that where left out from the final release. I'm hoping for a remix on this one.
              The remix of Forbidden was completed by Tony awhile ago, but it hasn't been released yet as several other projects (Paranoid, Vol. 4, H&H, MR DEs or Super DEs) have very recently been completed and released which is pushing back the release of the remix.

Ted

Comment

Yes I have - thanks for your post and sorry OID for not informing you of my reaction to the song here sooner. I think it's an interesting track which sounds to me like an amalgamation of different musical styles/flavours, which doesn't really surprise me given the musicians who participated in it's recording - I see that the song was written by Ian G. and Tony.

Ted
                No worries my friend, I think it’s a great song and what it could’ve been had Gillan stayed with Sabbath, to me Out Of My Mind is a Sabbath song, phenomenal.

Getting back on track, Forbidden the way it sounds now isn’t all that bad it’s my favorite Martin/Sabbath album, but when the remix does come out, you can be sure I’m buying it just as I’ve bought all the Deluxes and Super Deluxes both on LP and CD, it’s always a treat to hear the differences in sound from the original to the remaster or remix. Hopefully we’ll get a Deluxe or even Super Deluxe treatment with new songs, outtakes, and demo and alternative lyrics songs and coffee table book.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• It’s great to see the “truest” of Black Sabbath era’s getting so much attention here on BSO! Kudos to Joe Siegler for starting these forums with his favorite era in mind .... THE Tony “the cat” Martin era! Great to see so many people into the FORBIDDEN thread , Amen!!!

Comment

• It'd be great if those three unreleased songs could be included as extras on the eventual release of the 'Forbidden' remix. I know Tony isn't always open to the release of unreleased material, but if the songs are strong enough maybe he'll consider it. Wishful thinking on my part, maybe.

Comment

The remix of Forbidden was completed by Tony awhile ago, but it hasn't been released yet as several other projects (Paranoid, Vol. 4, H&H, MR DEs or Super DEs) have very recently been completed and released which is pushing back the release of the remix.

Ted
                      It’ll be exciting to hear the new mix!

Comment

Working...
                      X