• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Time Machine!

Comment

Originally Posted By: El Lobo
      Originally Posted By: Ray Rules Who was the guy that produce Headless Cross?
      You'll need to dig Cozy out then
      Ok, lemme call George Romero! Let's produce a movie, "The Night Of The Living Cozy"
      Can't you see what I see
      You and I victims of Their word
      As the master of power
      Try to poison our world
      ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

The whole movie is a drum solo!

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules
          Originally Posted By: El Lobo I like this album but there are a few things that bother me. I like the lyrics, there are quite a few good songs, I like Ice-T's part (YES, THAT's A KILLER PART, he's a rap artist, SO WHAT?), and the drumming is great, I like that Murray is back on it and not "look, my music is so cool" Buttler.

The things I don't like are: the sound. Sometimes it seems like Martin is singing in the bathrum. The guitar sound is raw and unpolished, the bass is sometimes inaudible some songs lack catchy melodies.

Fron 1-10 Forbidden gets a 7 from me. As a comparation:

Eternal idol: 8
          Headless Cross: 10000000000000000000000000000000000
          Tyr: 9
          Cross Purposes: 8
          Forbidden: 7
          Dehumanizer (not Martin, but I must bash it) : -888 (yes, negative points)
          I wonder how this album will sound when/if they remaster if!... I mean, they have the master tapes, it just need a decent produtor! Who was the guy that produce Headless Cross? Now, that's a AWESOME production and sounding!

Cozy Powell and Iommi my friend !

Comment

They were good...I like Forbidden I listened to the entire album today, along with Deep Purple's Machine Head and Fleetwood Mac's Dance...(I like Fleetwood Mac, so what!)

Comment

The production killed it for me, still besides that it's damn good. I used to bash it when I first heard it, but then I listened to it again a few weeks ago and listened to the whole thing without turning it off. My favorite song is Shaking Off the Chains

Comment

Mine is the title track, Illusion of Power (yes with Ice-T) or Can't Get Close Enough to You.

Comment

You see.. my thoughts is that this album will become a classic!
                  Can't you see what I see
                  As the master of power
                  Try to poison our world

Comment

don't count on that happening, few people even know about it and those who do bash it cuase a rapper has a few sentances of spoken word or because of the production.
                    "I want to tell you, yeah
                    How Good It Feels
                    Sleeping here with you tonight
                    And thatís for real"
                    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Yes, but more and more people are getting into it!
                      Can't you see what I see
                      As the master of power
                      Try to poison our world

Comment

from this board maybe but not on the large scale it would take to get any of the Martin albums considered calssics.
                        "I want to tell you, yeah
                        How Good It Feels
                        Sleeping here with you tonight
                        And thatís for real"
                        -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Forbidden is my favorite Black Sabbath album, infact, it's my favorite album of all time. The CD contains no fillers at all. My favorite song on the CD would be Sick and Tired it's so beautiful. The rap thing is nothing but catchy and good, Ice T is a great artist. When I first listened to it I did dislike the echo thing in the intro of Can't Get Close Enough but it has really grown on me now. This CD is 44 minutes of pure flawlessness!

The blood runs free
                          The rain turns red
                          Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Originally Posted By: UnderTheSun Forbidden is my favorite Black Sabbath album, infact, it's my favorite album of all time. The CD contains no fillers at all. My favorite song on the CD would be Sick and Tired it's so beautiful. The rap thing is nothing but catchy and good, Ice T is a great artist. When I first listened to it I did dislike the echo thing in the intro of Can't Get Close Enough but it has really grown on me now. This CD is 44 minutes of pure flawlessness!
                            Yes, and now imagine the level of destroying power it would get if somebody do a remaster of it!
                            Can't you see what I see
                            As the master of power
                            Try to poison our world

Comment

Yeah...that'd be awsome!

Comment

Originally Posted By: UnderTheSun Forbidden is my favorite Black Sabbath album, infact, it's my favorite album of all time. The CD contains no fillers at all. My favorite song on the CD would be Sick and Tired it's so beautiful. The rap thing is nothing but catchy and good, Ice T is a great artist. When I first listened to it I did dislike the echo thing in the intro of Can't Get Close Enough but it has really grown on me now. This CD is 44 minutes of pure flawlessness!
                                I have to agree, thought I feel like Rusty Angels ripped off sins of the father. They sound exactly the same.
                                Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Working...
                                X