Rusty Angels is way better IMO
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Re: Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Over all, I still like the album. My only complaint is that it seemed rather rushed. They hadn't taken such little time to finish an album (2 weeks, was it?) since their 1970 debut. I can understand the benefits of trying to keep things raw and spontaneous, but again I think it came off as sounding rushed. I remember Tony Martin saying in an interview that when it came time to printing the lyric sheets, he had to go back to the tapes sometimes to remember what it was that he sang!

Comment

I was surprised on how good Tony Iommi was on there...His solo's were of the best he's ever done (Cozy was just wonderful, as I mentioned)...

Comment

Originally Posted By: Renaissance I was surprised on how good Tony Iommi was on there...His solo's were of the best he's ever done (Cozy was just wonderful, as I mentioned)...
          indeed, the band sounds really tight!
          Can't you see what I see
          You and I victims of Their word
          As the master of power
          Try to poison our world
          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

It was really...It was a shame it was the last albumm from them.

Comment

I've tried...I've really tried to get into Forbidden but it just doesn't work for me....I just find it boring and very flat.

I'd love for someone to clean it up (horrible production) and then I'd give it another go.
              Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

The production does not bother me at all. I like it. Of course I wouldn't say no to a remaster of it though.

The blood runs free
                The rain turns red
                Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Quote: I have to agree, thought I feel like Rusty Angels ripped off sins of the father. They sound exactly the same.
                  There is a resemblance, you can also take a listen to Too Late and compare it to I Won't Cry For You, those sound really alike.
                  Edit: Around 3 minutes into the song aproximetly.

The blood runs free
                  The rain turns red
                  Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

There are some good events on the album. I do actually enjoy "Illusion of Power", "Forbidden", "Get A Grip", and "Kiss Of Death" greatly. "Shaking Off The Chains" is a decent song ... it still takes a bit of my patience to really enjoy "I Won't Cry For You", only because the production of that song is so weak.
                    How could this poison be the dream of my soul
                    How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Comment

There are some good events on the album. I do actually enjoy "Illusion of Power", "Forbidden", "Get A Grip", and "Kiss Of Death" greatly. "Shaking Off The Chains" is a decent song ... it still takes a bit of my patience to really enjoy "I Won't Cry For You", only because the production of that song is so weak.
                      How could this poison be the dream of my soul
                      How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules
                        Originally Posted By: UnderTheSun Forbidden is my favorite Black Sabbath album, infact, it's my favorite album of all time. The CD contains no fillers at all. My favorite song on the CD would be Sick and Tired it's so beautiful. The rap thing is nothing but catchy and good, Ice T is a great artist. When I first listened to it I did dislike the echo thing in the intro of Can't Get Close Enough but it has really grown on me now. This CD is 44 minutes of pure flawlessness!
                        Yes, and now imagine the level of destroying power it would get if somebody do a remaster of it!

It will happen the Tony Martin Years Black Box 3.5 will include the Ray Gillen Years Final Cut and 7th Star And Born Again all Remastered ! Ive been quoted ! It will happen !

Comment

Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol
                          Originally Posted By: UnderTheSun Forbidden is my favorite Black Sabbath album, infact, it's my favorite album of all time. The CD contains no fillers at all. My favorite song on the CD would be Sick and Tired it's so beautiful. The rap thing is nothing but catchy and good, Ice T is a great artist. When I first listened to it I did dislike the echo thing in the intro of Can't Get Close Enough but it has really grown on me now. This CD is 44 minutes of pure flawlessness!
                          Yes, and now imagine the level of destroying power it would get if somebody do a remaster of it!

It will happen the Tony Martin Years Black Box 3.5 will include the Ray Gillen Years Final Cut and 7th Star And Born Again all Remastered ! Ive been quoted ! It will happen !
                          Yep in maybe in 35 years, maybe 40
                          Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz
                            Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol

Yep in maybe in 35 years, maybe 40
                            My guess is 2009
                            Can't you see what I see
                            You and I victims of Their word
                            As the master of power
                            Try to poison our world
                            ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Back on topic. I listened to the Forbidden album this morning and... Yes! It is THAT bad, by normal Sabbath standards, which means I still enjoy it more than most other music. But as a Sabbath album I've held it among the three-four weakest and now I've made my mind up - it is the weakest of them all.
                              God knows as your dognose

Comment

Two Words: HEEEELLLLLLL NO! Very underrated, right to every last drop on this cd. With a true remaster it could be even greater. Tracks worth mentioning: Kiss Of Death, Forbidden, Sick And Tired, Shaking Off The Chains, and Rusty Angels at the top of my head.
                                "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Working...
                                X