X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennyz
    replied
    Originally posted by Towelie View Post
    I echo Kennyz sentiments and much prefer Forbidden to 13. Shaking Off The Chains alone is a better attempt at recapturing that classic Ozzy-era Sabbath vibe than anything on 13. And that ain't even the best track on offer.

I think Forbidden gets a bad wrap. It doesn't help that the albums weakest two tracks are track 1 and 2. Illusion of Power and GAG aren't great tracks by any stretch of the imagination. But fortunately, things get a lot better from Can't Get Close Enough onwards. I would argue that tracks 3-10 are every bit as good as anything else Martin/Iommi did together.
    I like Get a grip.

Leave a comment:

• Towelie
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Have to disagree Kenny, while I like Forbidden as one of Martin/Sabbath's best, I do not think it better than 13.

But I'm glad you like Forbidden that much, it gets way too much slack.
    I echo Kennyz sentiments and much prefer Forbidden to 13. Shaking Off The Chains alone is a better attempt at recapturing that classic Ozzy-era Sabbath vibe than anything on 13. And that ain't even the best track on offer.

I think Forbidden gets a bad wrap. It doesn't help that the albums weakest two tracks are track 1 and 2. Illusion of Power and GAG aren't great tracks by any stretch of the imagination. But fortunately, things get a lot better from Can't Get Close Enough onwards. I would argue that tracks 3-10 are every bit as good as anything else Martin/Iommi did together.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
    I think Forbidden is better than 13.
    Have to disagree Kenny, while I like Forbidden as one of Martin/Sabbath's best, I do not think it better than 13.

But I'm glad you like Forbidden that much, it gets way too much slack.

Leave a comment:

• DiosSword
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo Bill Scruggs View Post
    the production isnt what was bad about it
    What is​ "bad" about it then?

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo Bill Scruggs
    replied
    not a high bar to set

Leave a comment:

• Kennyz
    replied
    I think Forbidden is better than 13.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo Bill Scruggs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DiosSword
    replied
    yes
    It wasn't THAT bad, except for the production. The production was bone-dry but the songs were good.

It was a mistaken attempt by Black Sabbath to sound '90s. It was the age of Nirvana/Soundgarden/Faith No More etc and it was a misguided example of Sabbath trying to be followers rather than leaders.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo Bill Scruggs
    replied
    Forbidden, was it THAT bad???
    yes

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by LouiST View Post
    If one has to find bad tracks so badly, there are only two. The rest are good.
    I think they're all good LouiST.

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
    Totally. And not just in the Sabbath fanbase. I've seen it with almost every band/artist I follow.

It is disappointing that Martin spoke ill of the album. I hate it when artists do that. It's such a slap in the face to the fans who bought it and appreciated it.
    Very much agreed, like Sabbath spoke ill of Never Say Die, when I and many others love that album, wish they would've done the song Never Say Die! on the 13 tour, the last tour I saw Sabbath.

Leave a comment:

• Towelie
    replied
    Originally posted by sabbathstone View Post
    There's a lot of monkey-see-monkey-do in fandoms and it's often easier to follow the party line than to judge something for ourselves.
    Totally. And not just in the Sabbath fanbase. I've seen it with almost every band/artist I follow.

It is disappointing that Martin spoke ill of the album. I hate it when artists do that. It's such a slap in the face to the fans who bought it and appreciated it.

Leave a comment:

• LouiST
    replied
    If one has to find bad tracks so badly, there are only two. The rest are good.

Leave a comment:

• Ala
    replied
    I would agree that it's the worst Sabbath-album, but it's not as bad as people seem to think. The songs are pretty solid, the lineup is magnificent, but it lacks heaps in production. So the new remix is very welcome!

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
    Looking forward to the remix. As for the album being bad, No way. It is a classic. Played often in my household.
    This is great news to me CraigSabbath that you like Forbidden.

Forbidden is such an underrated album, I hope this remix does it justice and changes a lot of people's minds, this is my favorite Martin/Sabbath album.

Leave a comment:

• CraigSabbath
    replied
    Looking forward to the remix. As for the album being bad, No way. It is a classic. Played often in my household.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X