Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    There's a new article on Blabbermouth re. the Forbidden album remix: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ton...-2019-release/

Ted

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    Wow, really? That's cool. I haven't heard this album much at all as I've been put off by the bad press and the even worse album cover (what is it with certain Black Sabbath albums and their terrible artwork: 'Dehumanizer', 'Technical Ecstasy', 'Forbidden'... I could go on).

Once this remix gets released I'll buy it and give it the attention it deserves.
    It's a good album Requiem, don't go by the bad press it gets, I never follow bad press.

Sometimes it beats Eternal, depends on my mood.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    My favorite Martin album, it’s a tie with Eternal, I hope it gets done sooner than later.
    Wow, really? That's cool. I haven't heard this album much at all as I've been put off by the bad press and the even worse album cover (what is it with certain Black Sabbath albums and their terrible artwork: 'Dehumanizer', 'Technical Ecstasy', 'Forbidden'... I could go on).

Once this remix gets released I'll buy it and give it the attention it deserves.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Aureustgo View Post
    Today Iommi just confirmed he is currently working on the remix of Forbidden.
    Originally posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
    If you don’t like the album, try giving the instrumental demos a listen. Your perspective will change. Mine did!
    Originally posted by Aureustgo View Post
    It would be quite satisfying if the remix is closer to/very similar to the instrumental rough mix. The only thing I would add is a repeat of the main riff as an outro to "Rusty Angels," as they did in concert, rather than the unsatisfying long solo fade out... but probably not going to see that.
    My favorite Martin album, it’s a tie with Eternal, I hope it gets done sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• Aureustgo
    replied
    Originally posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
    If you donít like the album, try giving the instrumental demos a listen. Your perspective will change. Mine did!
    It would be quite satisfying if the remix is closer to/very similar to the instrumental rough mix. The only thing I would add is a repeat of the main riff as an outro to "Rusty Angels," as they did in concert, rather than the unsatisfying long solo fade out... but probably not going to see that.

Leave a comment:

• ozzyandharriet
    replied
    If you donít like the album, try giving the instrumental demos a listen. Your perspective will change. Mine did!

Leave a comment:

• Aureustgo
    replied
    Today Iommi just confirmed he is currently working on the remix of Forbidden.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    bad production... Kiss Of Death is excellent!

Leave a comment:

• DiosSword
    replied
    Goodish songwriting, great playing - with that lineup how could it NOT be?

Very bad production. It has to be the weakest, limpest drum sound Cozy has had since the original Phenomena album (which I liked, Glenn Hughes' vocals are great). No way does it compare to the drum sound he got on, say, "Stargazer" or "Headless Cross" (the song and album). Neil Murray is almost inaudible, which is an injustice for such a GREAT bassist. I still remember seeing him with Gary Moore (and Ian Paice and Don Airey!) supporting Def Leppard and Krokus in 1983.

Black Sabbath shouldn't have been produced to sound "'90s" or "grunge;" they should have been produced to sound like BLACK SABBATH!

Bandwagon jumping. Ice-T should have never been on there. At least Run-DMC sounded like they had some simpatico with Joe Perry and Steven Tyler, because Aerosmith had always had an R&B flavouring to some of their songs.

And, of course, as Tony Martin has said many times, contractual obligation so the Ozzy reunion could happen. I don't think Tony Iommi's heart was in it. Shame too, because I had tickets to that tour and the gig was cancelled.

Having said all that, I bought it as a new release back in '95, I still have it and I still play it.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
    It is not a bad album. Okay, it doesn't belong in the Top Sabbath albums list but it is not a bad either. Sure, it could be better (a more punchy and edgy production would give a different perspective to this work and this is the reason i wait its BLOODY REMIX!!, Martin's performance could be better) but it is not bad even with those "cons". I think it is the same occasion as the NSD album. The band's line up at both of the periods those two albums were produced, was in trouble in terms of relationship between the band's members. This, resulted to albums with a different music style comparing to other works. As a friend said in this topic, you have to see every work as a standalone and you don't have to compare it with other work because as you know it, Black Sabbath, are having a different music style from work to work so it is unfair to compare an album with a previous one because, its difficult to produce the same album Again and again (Neon Knights comes to mind ).

I like the Forbidden album because, the music style is evolved to a more modern appeal and the songs are great (the guitar solo at "Sick and tired" is AWESOME).

As i said in other topics, it is difficult to find a really bad Sabbath album because every album is having its moments. I think it is interesting to heat the band we like to try a different music style in order to avoid tiring their selves and the fans...
    Originally posted by sabbathstone View Post
    The production is not good. Nine out of ten songs (Illusion Of Power, I'm looking at you) are good to great. I've always enjoyed the album and will continue to for years, especially if a remix comes to pass. Cozy's drums need some serious attention.

Shaking Off The Chains could have been on Volume 4 and I Won't Cry For You might have been a radio hit if it were released as a single. I'm also very partial to Can't Get Close Enough, Rusty Angels and the mighty Kiss Of Death.

I wonder if people have been conditioned, or at least encouraged, to dislike the album because both the Tonys have said they're not fond of it? There's a lot of monkey-see-monkey-do in fandoms and it's often easier to follow the party line than to judge something for ourselves.
    Both great posts .

Leave a comment:

• sabbathstone
    replied
    The production is not good. Nine out of ten songs (Illusion Of Power, I'm looking at you) are good to great. I've always enjoyed the album and will continue to for years, especially if a remix comes to pass. Cozy's drums need some serious attention.

Shaking Off The Chains could have been on Volume 4 and I Won't Cry For You might have been a radio hit if it were released as a single. I'm also very partial to Can't Get Close Enough, Rusty Angels and the mighty Kiss Of Death.

I wonder if people have been conditioned, or at least encouraged, to dislike the album because both the Tonys have said they're not fond of it? There's a lot of monkey-see-monkey-do in fandoms and it's often easier to follow the party line than to judge something for ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• tsimisde
    replied
    It is not a bad album. Okay, it doesn't belong in the Top Sabbath albums list but it is not a bad either. Sure, it could be better (a more punchy and edgy production would give a different perspective to this work and this is the reason i wait its BLOODY REMIX!!, Martin's performance could be better) but it is not bad even with those "cons". I think it is the same occasion as the NSD album. The band's line up at both of the periods those two albums were produced, was in trouble in terms of relationship between the band's members. This, resulted to albums with a different music style comparing to other works. As a friend said in this topic, you have to see every work as a standalone and you don't have to compare it with other work because as you know it, Black Sabbath, are having a different music style from work to work so it is unfair to compare an album with a previous one because, its difficult to produce the same album Again and again (Neon Knights comes to mind ).

I like the Forbidden album because, the music style is evolved to a more modern appeal and the songs are great (the guitar solo at "Sick and tired" is AWESOME).

As i said in other topics, it is difficult to find a really bad Sabbath album because every album is having its moments. I think it is interesting to hear the band we like to try a different music style in order to avoid tiring their selves and the fans...
    Last edited by tsimisde; 06-26-2018, 03:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Crachette View Post
    Wow, this really is an endless forum...

Umm, a few things... Forbidden really and truely is musicially genious. When it comes to Sabbath, like many other bands who've had a lot of staying power, like Kiss, Fleetwood Mac, Judas Priest, etc., you just have to look at each album as a completely new work of art, and not base it off the previous work.

When was the last time you heard someone comparing the Mona Lisa to the Last Supper? That's right, you've probably NEVER heard anyone do that, even though they're by the same artist... Why? Because both are utterly genious in and of themselves and in their own right.

That being said, why are people bashing Forbidden? It is an absolutely fantastic album! If you want to compare it to anything, then it most closely compares to Reunion. Forbidden defined Tony Iommi's guitar sound and playing style from that point forward, as has been heard on all his solo albums and all the Black Sabbath live shows since, and I've heard no complaints about any of those things!

Perhaps it was mearly ahead of it's time? The guitars are 110%... the drums are at f*cking 300%!!!... Finally, they keyboards and ambient noise are not over-powering... The bass is heavy... and the vocals are probably some of Tony Martin's very best in his career! He finally let down his massive hair-do in favour of a more metal one, and sang the songs with more soul and feeling, as opposed to his more 80's hair-band type style of his previous efforts!

All things being said, I feel it was a fantastic album... One that perhaps just didn't have a place in 1995. Really, it's not much different at all than Tony's solo work since, and Sabbath fans seem to laud those albums... And, honestly, it's better than those albums! Perhaps it was just because it was called Black Sabbath...

Long story short, I encourage anyone and everyone to listen to this album... If you've done it before, then do it again, and think of it this way... The title of the album is still Forbidden, but it's by a band called THE BOYS IN THE SHED, and we'll just pretend that all the musicians on it are completely unknonwn... and we're gonna have a flashback to 1995, when all the grunge, pop, and rap culture needed a swift kick to the balls... and we're all going to fall madly in love with this record!!!
    This right here. ^^^^

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Itís not bad at all, I love this album, Martinís finest.

Leave a comment:

• Sabbath  fan
    replied
    Re: Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Get a grip rocks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X