No announcement yet.

Forbidden, was it THAT bad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodish songwriting, great playing - with that lineup how could it NOT be?

Very bad production. It has to be the weakest, limpest drum sound Cozy has had since the original Phenomena album (which I liked, Glenn Hughes' vocals are great). No way does it compare to the drum sound he got on, say, "Stargazer" or "Headless Cross" (the song and album). Neil Murray is almost inaudible, which is an injustice for such a GREAT bassist. I still remember seeing him with Gary Moore (and Ian Paice and Don Airey!) supporting Def Leppard and Krokus in 1983.

Black Sabbath shouldn't have been produced to sound "'90s" or "grunge;" they should have been produced to sound like BLACK SABBATH!

Bandwagon jumping. Ice-T should have never been on there. At least Run-DMC sounded like they had some simpatico with Joe Perry and Steven Tyler, because Aerosmith had always had an R&B flavouring to some of their songs.

And, of course, as Tony Martin has said many times, contractual obligation so the Ozzy reunion could happen. I don't think Tony Iommi's heart was in it. Shame too, because I had tickets to that tour and the gig was cancelled.

Having said all that, I bought it as a new release back in '95, I still have it and I still play it.
    He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

• bad production... Kiss Of Death is excellent!
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

• Today Iommi just confirmed he is currently working on the remix of Forbidden.

Comment

• If you donít like the album, try giving the instrumental demos a listen. Your perspective will change. Mine did!

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
            If you donít like the album, try giving the instrumental demos a listen. Your perspective will change. Mine did!
            It would be quite satisfying if the remix is closer to/very similar to the instrumental rough mix. The only thing I would add is a repeat of the main riff as an outro to "Rusty Angels," as they did in concert, rather than the unsatisfying long solo fade out... but probably not going to see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aureustgo View Post
              Today Iommi just confirmed he is currently working on the remix of Forbidden.
              Originally posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
              If you don’t like the album, try giving the instrumental demos a listen. Your perspective will change. Mine did!
              Originally posted by Aureustgo View Post
              It would be quite satisfying if the remix is closer to/very similar to the instrumental rough mix. The only thing I would add is a repeat of the main riff as an outro to "Rusty Angels," as they did in concert, rather than the unsatisfying long solo fade out... but probably not going to see that.
              My favorite Martin album, it’s a tie with Eternal, I hope it gets done sooner than later.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                My favorite Martin album, it’s a tie with Eternal, I hope it gets done sooner than later.
                Wow, really? That's cool. I haven't heard this album much at all as I've been put off by the bad press and the even worse album cover (what is it with certain Black Sabbath albums and their terrible artwork: 'Dehumanizer', 'Technical Ecstasy', 'Forbidden'... I could go on).

Once this remix gets released I'll buy it and give it the attention it deserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  Wow, really? That's cool. I haven't heard this album much at all as I've been put off by the bad press and the even worse album cover (what is it with certain Black Sabbath albums and their terrible artwork: 'Dehumanizer', 'Technical Ecstasy', 'Forbidden'... I could go on).

Once this remix gets released I'll buy it and give it the attention it deserves.
                  It's a good album Requiem, don't go by the bad press it gets, I never follow bad press.

Sometimes it beats Eternal, depends on my mood.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• There's a new article on Blabbermouth re. the Forbidden album remix: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ton...-2019-release/

Ted

Comment

• Looking forward to the remix. As for the album being bad, No way. It is a classic. Played often in my household.

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
                        Looking forward to the remix. As for the album being bad, No way. It is a classic. Played often in my household.
                        This is great news to me CraigSabbath that you like Forbidden.

Forbidden is such an underrated album, I hope this remix does it justice and changes a lot of people's minds, this is my favorite Martin/Sabbath album.

Comment

• I would agree that it's the worst Sabbath-album, but it's not as bad as people seem to think. The songs are pretty solid, the lineup is magnificent, but it lacks heaps in production. So the new remix is very welcome!
                          http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                          http://pike.bandcamp.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                          http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

• If one has to find bad tracks so badly, there are only two. The rest are good.
                            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                            Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by sabbathstone View Post
                              There's a lot of monkey-see-monkey-do in fandoms and it's often easier to follow the party line than to judge something for ourselves.
                              Totally. And not just in the Sabbath fanbase. I've seen it with almost every band/artist I follow.

It is disappointing that Martin spoke ill of the album. I hate it when artists do that. It's such a slap in the face to the fans who bought it and appreciated it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                                If one has to find bad tracks so badly, there are only two. The rest are good.
                                I think they're all good LouiST.

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
                                Totally. And not just in the Sabbath fanbase. I've seen it with almost every band/artist I follow.

It is disappointing that Martin spoke ill of the album. I hate it when artists do that. It's such a slap in the face to the fans who bought it and appreciated it.
                                Very much agreed, like Sabbath spoke ill of Never Say Die, when I and many others love that album, wish they would've done the song Never Say Die! on the 13 tour, the last tour I saw Sabbath.

Comment

Working...
                                X