Martin-era Albums going for $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin-era Albums going for $$$

I've been trying to locate a copy of TYR for sometime and wond up paying $20 on Ebay. Also, Cross Purposes Live is really pricey if you can find it. Any word of a re-release?

Re: Martin-era Albums going for $$$

IRS recently closed, so these albums ("Headless Cross", "Tyr", "Cross Purposes" and "Forbidden") are currently out of print as far as I know.

And as the Sabbath management seems to have forgotten the Tony Martin years even existed (what's 10 years in a lifetime..?), I'm not certain these will be re-released. And when it comes to "Cross Purposes Live", it's been out of print since 1995, so I guess it's really unlikely. It's a shame if you ask me...
    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Could just get lucky with pawn shops as well. Got my first some of my first prints in those except for the CPL on cd, that I got for 22 bucks on Ebay. Wouldn't hurt to try.
      "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

If I remember correctly, the IRS albums were then reissued by EMI in 1999 after IRS closed. That would mean the albums sound have still been in print.....optimistically speaking of course. But it's really a shame. There could be a lot of listeners out there besides on this board who will be curious to check out the Martin albums yet will have no luck finding it in store. Unpopular? Pff...if there's any demand for CDs then leave them available. Guess this could be one instance when downloading for free is the better option.

Black Box III, please PLEASE....get released in the future!!!

Comment

Well, Forbidden is easily found. I got it for $2.00 in a cut-out bin. It goes for $0.99 on Ebay.

Luckily for me, I've found "Headless Cross" at a used CD store (I've seen the IRS version go for $60 on Ebay), got "Cross Purposes" on Ebay, and "TYR" on the Amazon marketplace. But the "Cross Purposes Live" looks dismal. Just the VHS alone goes for $75 on Ebay.

I've never seen an EMI release - LOL! But I've read reviews stating that the IRS re-releases have inferior sound quality and really poor artwork. ?

Eternal Idol is still in print - WB - and you can get that new on any online outlet.

Comment

Originally Posted By: DrColostomy Well, Forbidden is easily found. I got it for $2.00 in a cut-out bin. It goes for $0.99 on Ebay.

Luckily for me, I've found "Headless Cross" at a used CD store (I've seen the IRS version go for $60 on Ebay), got "Cross Purposes" on Ebay, and "TYR" on the Amazon marketplace. But the "Cross Purposes Live" looks dismal. Just the VHS alone goes for $75 on Ebay.

I've never seen an EMI release - LOL! But I've read reviews stating that the IRS re-releases have inferior sound quality and really poor artwork. ?

Eternal Idol is still in print - WB - and you can get that new on any online outlet.
            In terms of IRS rereleases, the only ones I've seen before were copies of Headless Cross and TYR that had a white border on the covers. Though I've never heard them; I just got the original version of TYR. Sounds alright ot me....except I wish the keyboards weren't so muddled in the background. That's part of the reason why I'm praying for BB3. That and I've been spoiling by the sound of the first BB.

Comment

I bought my Martin-era albums last year on Circuitcity.com for around $8 each. What a steal!!

Comment

Your best bets are Ebay which i always check out ! The IRS ones sound the best ! Untill Black Box 3 !

Comment

Your best bets are Ebay which i always check out ! The IRS ones sound the best ! Untill Black Box 3 !

Comment

I planed to pick up Headless Cross, but I decided to wait for some good reissue.

Comment

I planed to pick up Headless Cross, but I decided to wait for some good reissue.

Comment

Your in for a looooong wait
                        Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Your in for a looooong wait
                          Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Fortunately I have got all the Martin era albums,I was quite lucky to get the Headless Cross Classic Rock edition which is quite good.
                            http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                            https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                            http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Fortunately I have got all the Martin era albums,I was quite lucky to get the Headless Cross Classic Rock edition which is quite good.
                              http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                              https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                              http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Working...
                              X