Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt the 2 Tonys do more of Born Again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why didnt the 2 Tonys do more of Born Again ?

Originally Posted By: Renaissance Those albums were great!!
    Well, I guess 'were' is the key word there. :p

I enjoy them, myself, but I think it's true that a lot of the 80s material hasn't aged as well as the early tunes.

Comment

You gotta remember Tony wasn't too proud of 1985-1995. He had only one thing in mind was to get Ozzy back in the band(hence the 1985 reunion and the 1992.) But Ozzy said no continue off with his famous Solo carrer. Also Tony said he wasn't proud of Tony Martin joining the band. Something along the line he didn't want Martin in the band.
      Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

bullshit and blasphemy, you don't make five killer albums with a guy bif you don't want him in your band. You also don't take a song like The Shining that was started in 1985 with Donato and work it with probably every singer since unless you are proud of it and knows it kicks ass.
        "I want to tell you, yeah
        How Good It Feels
        Sleeping here with you tonight
        And thatís for real"
        -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psychophobia
          I think he sees the material as being dated. I can recall a few years ago, on the Tony Iommi forum, it was either an admin or a senior member at the time, who commented that he'd met Iommi during a signing session or backstage thing on either the '94 or '95 tour, and asked him why he didn't play any of the BA, 7th Star, or TYR stuff anymore. His reply was something along the lines of, "Well, that stuff's a bit daft these days, don't you think?"

Not sure if I got the exact quote, but I remember him using the word 'daft'.
          He thought Tyr was daft? Thats interesting considering the song "Headless Cross" was a staple in the setlist (without Dio).

I wonder why he didnt play much Dehumanizer material after the 92 tour either. Same reason?

Comment

I enjoy them, myself, but I think it's true that a lot of the 80s material hasn't aged as well as the early tunes.

wWell i guess your a hater of everything non-Ozzy then !

Comment

Originally Posted By: MarcStitz
              You gotta remember Tony wasn't too proud of 1985-1995. He had only one thing in mind was to get Ozzy back in the band(hence the 1985 reunion and the 1992.) But Ozzy said no continue off with his famous Solo carrer. Also Tony said he wasn't proud of Tony Martin joining the band. Something along the line he didn't want Martin in the band.

Marc whatever your smoking or drinking pleaseeee send me some i never heard or read of any of that shit you just spilled up there !

Comment

Originally Posted By: Eternal Idol

Well i guess your a hater of everything non-Ozzy then !

That's a crock of shit, and you know it.

Comment

Well i guess your a hater of everything non-Ozzy then !

That's a crock of shit, and you know it.

Ooops hit a nerve !

Comment

Wanted to point out that Anno Mundi was played during the Europe portion of Cross Purposes Tour.
                    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Its true, I remember Tony quoting that in one of the Sabbath books
                      Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Ooops hit a nerve !
                        Not really. Stupidity has become such a universal element with the advent of the internet, it doesn't do much more than annoy me at this point.

If you'd hit a nerve, I'd have used an exclamation mark in my sentence as opposed to a period.

Comment

Marc whatever your smoking or drinking pleaseeee send me some i never heard or read of any of that shit you just spilled up there !
                          I have. For awhile, Tony and Geezer both knew the most money they could make with money. Whether or not they were proud of the music I'm not sure, but I do know they wanted Ozzy back.

It was either Joe's timeline or Wikipedia where I read this...
                          -rar

Comment

Ooops hit a nerve !
                            Not really. Stupidity has become such a universal element with the advent of the internet, it doesn't do much more than annoy me at this point.

If you'd hit a nerve, I'd have used an exclamation mark in my sentence as opposed to a period.

Truce my friend ! 2 people with different thoughts ok !

Comment

Originally Posted By: rar

I have. For awhile, Tony and Geezer both knew the most money they could make with money. Whether or not they were proud of the music I'm not sure, but I do know they wanted Ozzy back.

It was either Joe's timeline or Wikipedia where I read this...

I believe that they wanted Ozzy back but for them to say everything they did before or after Ozzy left and returned was shit , i dont believe that , i read somewhere Geezr said that doing Cross Purposes was the most fun he had recording ever , so who knows , we can argue this shit till we all drop dead on the pc . Happy New Year everybody !

Comment

Originally Posted By: 8bit Fighter Wanted to point out that Anno Mundi was played during the Europe portion of Cross Purposes Tour.

Correct ! Cozy would have kicked ass on those Born Again songs ! I would have loved to hear him pound Trashed !

Comment

Working...
                                X