Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Forum software is now vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now i know you pointed out that the polls haen't come over from the other format, but checking a few I noticed that every post is duplicated. Just seems like a waste of valuable space...

Comment

Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
      now i know you pointed out that the polls haen't come over from the other format, but checking a few I noticed that every post is duplicated. Just seems like a waste of valuable space...
      I saw that too. Probably some issue with the importer.
      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Pretty good. Here's to the new system.

And I already posted my thoughts on here, but I'll just quote it:
        Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
        Yeah, now I redid mine. It's kind of cool I guess. Distinguishes each other board member. I just got three friend invites, all accepted of course. I found it amusing that in your profile you could go all the way back to the first thread you have created. Some that make me cringe, while others raise good times for me. This new board has a MySpace appeal to it, only more Sabbathized (if there was ever such a word). My only complaint: well, not really a complaint, but the design colors are too dark (Grey and Black). It's kind of depressing, makes me wonder if there was a skin changer for this forum that everyone change for themselves. That's all I really got to say.
        "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Looks excellent, Joe.

Edit: Only thing I've noticed though, is that some avatars didn't import properly on the way here, such as BloodShtBass' and airdance's; the old boards inherently shrunk the images, these ones do not for some reason. Thought I'd point it out.
          Last edited by The Butt; 08-30-2008, 02:16 PM.

Comment

^^^Already pointed that out, except for Bloodshot Bass.
            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
              Looks excellent, Joe.

Edit: Only thing I've noticed though, is that some avatars didn't import properly on the way here, such as BloodShtBass' and airdance's; the old boards inherently shrunk the images, these ones do not for some reason. Thought I'd point it out.
              That's because the importer assumed the avatars were the right size, and did not convert them. Short of nuking them all (which I really don't want to do), I have to fix 'em by hand as they're reported.
              Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I noticed that when you click on a thread with new posts it doesn't automatically "jump" to the newest post. Does this software has that feature?
                The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

^ Click the yellow doo-hickey beside the thread name.

Comment

Well, thank you for keep this forum running, Joe. When I saw your post "this forums are now closed" I first thought 'Damn, Joe ended it...', but after I read your message I was jubilous about we still have a place to hang! You are first class for doing it!

PS: Joe, bro... Do we have a avatar size rule? I think we should have, I just saw a guy with a avatar fitting 1/4 of the screen!
                    Can't you see what I see
                    You and I victims of Their word
                    As the master of power
                    Try to poison our world
                    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Rules View Post
                      PS: Joe, bro... Do we have a avatar size rule? I think we should have, I just saw a guy with a avatar fitting 1/4 of the screen!

There's still the avatar size rule, you can't make it larger than 100x125. But the importer screwed a lot of avvys up, so the ones that were originally shrunk to fit, now aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
                        ^ Click the yellow doo-hickey beside the thread name.
                        Ooooh... *walks out of thread slowly*
                        The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by David86 View Post
                          Ooooh... *walks out of thread slowly*
                          Hm... I'm lost here, hint? hint?
                          Can't you see what I see
                          You and I victims of Their word
                          As the master of power
                          Try to poison our world
                          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Damn! And I was just getting used to the old program. Actually, so far this looks pretty neat. Guilty as charged on the signature issue. I guess that won't happen again, huh?

Seriously, I have been looking for dmc's avatar all my life!
                            Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
                            I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
                            There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                              I might play around with the looks, but we're going to stay with vBulletin.

Right, vBulletin it is, but is it possible to get the forums to look like they did before?

I mean are they like this forever? Or are you going to change it to sothing completely different?
                              "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Just some things.

Is it possible to use the size bbcode to size our signatures down instead of up? You're using that in your sig. I prefer to have a tiny sig text, instead of it being the same size as my post. Can't we just have values that are the default size or less, and none of the larger text sizes? That way no one can use it to be annoying, but we can all still have smaller sigs.

These quick reply boxes are a pain. Why can't I just scroll down and type in them without finding a post to click 'QUICK' on. It works on my other forum, but here I get a popup about having to click in someone else's post.

I made an avatar out of the new H&H logo they posted on their site. Feel free to add it to the collection:
                                People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X