No announcement yet.

Forum software is now vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Is there a way to get rid of this? It's really annoying when you're doing Survivor polls or the word association thread.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

One question; can we get the font color in posts to be white again, as opposed to this grey (and possibly links changed back to yellow)? I'm on my old PC, and even with the brightness on max, the font is extremely hard to read.

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
        Is there a way to get rid of this? It's really annoying when you're doing Survivor polls or the word association thread.
        Consider yourself lucky I didn't make it higher. I detest posts that have just one word or two in them.

As for the requests about looks, fonts, colors. Good Lord people -don't you READ? I said this is a temporary look, that'd I'd be playing around with it later.

Also do not forget, I do this in my spare time. When I'm busy at work (like now), there's no time for this, generally.
        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
          Also do not forget, I do this in my spare time. When I'm busy at work (like now), there's no time for this, generally.
          Understood. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Comment

I haven't been around it awhile and decided to check on the forums tonight, and to my surprise they were closed, but this place looks great.
            Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Allow HTML: OVER MY DEAD BODY!
              LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahahaha thats pretty funny. Anyway Joe that is great you switch from UBBthreads to Vbulletin. I personly love Vbulletin than UBB anyway and hoping you keep it this way.
              Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Originally posted by MarcStitz View Post
                LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahahaha thats pretty funny. Anyway Joe that is great you switch from UBBthreads to Vbulletin. I personly love Vbulletin than UBB anyway and hoping you keep it this way.
                Me too. It looks a lot better, and once Joe has the time he can make a cool layout possible or something.
                Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

I see you've put the site's borders & menu bar around the forum.

I like it!
                  The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Yeah I just noticed now that the side bar is up along with the border. I love how it matches together, like the board is now built in against the black background.
                    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

So any time soon are you going to link directly to this board when clicking the Message Board on the side menu?

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
                        So any time soon are you going to link directly to this board when clicking the Message Board on the side menu?
                        I'd have to rebuild the menu from scratch. The swf that is there no longer has existing source. Since it works (with an extra step), I'm disinclined to spend much time on that, as I have other things I can be spending my time on at the moment.

You could always bookmark it if it bothered you that much.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
                          Guess what I just did?

Go to the main website, and do a forced refresh (Shift-F5) in your browser. I updated the menu. I could not just fix the link on the old one, because as I said, I lost the source to the old menu in a drive crash awhile back. I had to recreate it from scratch.

A few notes about the change in main site menu:
                          • Changed the font. The old one was boring old Arial, but in italics. The new font is one called "Microsoft YaHei". I'd never heard of it before, but I liked the way it looked in my tests.
                          • The color of the font is exactly the same as the old one. I used a color picker, and matched the exact hex code.
                          • I renamed a few things. "Band Personnel" is now "The Band". "Pictures" is now "Photo Gallery", "Message Boards" is now "Forums".
                          • I dropped FAQ from the menu, and moved it down under "Other Stuff". Wanted one less menu item to make things look less squashed.
                          • The Forums link now goes to the right place. I'll be removing the old ubb.threads installation shortly. It's still there, there's no need to keep it anymore.

I had to keep the exact same size in the .swf file that is the menu. If I did not, it would require changing the reference to the menu file in hundreds of html pages. Yeah, I could use a search and replace, but I'd still have to verify nothing blew up, and I don't have time for all of that. Just made the new one, and uploaded it over top of the old menu.

I'll also sync up the text changes mentioned above in the menu with the menu here in the forums, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                            do a forced refresh (Shift-F5)
                            *Ctrl+F5

Looks great!
                            The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Is there a "Mark all read" feature around on this new format? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
                                Is there a "Mark all read" feature around on this new format? I can't seem to find it.
                                Yes. Look under "Quick Links". It's near the top of the page. That marks EVERY post as read.

If you want to mark just an individual forum as read, from the list of threads in a particular forum, pick "Forum Tools", you'll see it there.

Comment

Working...
                                X