Order of the Eras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of the Eras

Why is Dio era before Ozzy era? I don't think Dio era should trump just because it's the current lineup. I think they should be listed as they were before, which was more of a first-come, first served.

Just my opinion.

i reckon that it would have something to do with the internal workings of the new forum mate, just looking at quickly it seems that it may of reverted to alphabetical order maybe.
    SDMF - CEMS for life!

Comment

Makes sense that the most active line-up is at the top to me... But I was waiting for someone to get offended by it

Comment

Certainly not offended, but we all have different ideas of how things should be organized, categorized, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
          Why is Dio era before Ozzy era? I don't think Dio era should trump just because it's the current lineup. I think they should be listed as they were before, which was more of a first-come, first served.

Just my opinion.
          I was wondering when someone would say something about that. I did that because the Dio era is current - no other reason. Something I always wanted to do, but kept forgetting to do. If they go out with Ian Gillan again, I'll move that up top.

Plus it's my site, I can do what I want to. Advantages of this being a fan site. If this were an official site, you think they'd want me to be covering things like Dave Donato, Ray Gillen, & Jeff Fenholt?
          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Or even Ozzy, for that matter......

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
              I was wondering when someone would say something about that. I did that because the Dio era is current - no other reason. Something I always wanted to do, but kept forgetting to do. If they go out with Ian Gillan again, I'll move that up top.

Plus it's my site, I can do what I want to. Advantages of this being a fan site. If this were an official site, you think they'd want me to be covering things like Dave Donato, Ray Gillen, & Jeff Fenholt?
              And for those that will want to be technical and say well it aint called Black Sabbath (dio era) its called Heaven and hell, remember what joe said

Plus it's my site, I can do what I want to
              SDMF - CEMS for life!

Comment

"WHATEVER WHATEVER I DO WHAT I WANT"
                "I want to tell you, yeah
                How Good It Feels
                Sleeping here with you tonight
                And thatís for real"
                -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post

Just my opinion.
                  C'mon, brother... This is a height thing... Smallers go first Like on first grade line
                  Can't you see what I see
                  You and I victims of Their word
                  As the master of power
                  Try to poison our world
                  ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Ray Gillen was the reason I registered on the forum...
                    Can't you see what I see
                    You and I victims of Their word
                    As the master of power
                    Try to poison our world
                    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

If they go out with Ian Gillan again, I'll move that up top.
                      Man, I hope that happens again. Maybe around April they'll reunite with him?
                      "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
                        Man, I hope that happens again. Maybe around April they'll reunite with him?
                        Come to think of it... that wouldn't be half-bad.

Comment

I like the order of the eras the way it is now. More emphasis is given to the Dio era which is the current one.
                          "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

I sure noticed this "change" in the listing of the eras almost straight away...Now, this honestly isn't about getting "offended" by this reversal of order that puts 'Dio-era' ahead of Ozzy-era..I know I'm not offended, in the least..As if the mere listing of the eras on this board, in whatever order, for whatever reasons, denotes some actual quality or popularity of said era among the band's fans, everywhere. And heaven knows, suddenly having Dio-era appear before Ozzy's in this new-look format couldn't ever be taken to mean (by tons of us fans) that Dio somehow trumps Ozzy, when it comes to Sabbath's world...If anything, after a long time 2+ years accustomed to the old order of forum listings, it sort of still looks odd and a teeny bit inconvenient, cos in the past, I'd instinctively know that Ozzy-era is first up on the menu, and I'd click away accordingly..

Another thing...With no disrespect at all to you Joe, or even some people here that seem to enjoy doing the choir-boy routine of echoing your otherwise perfectly fair and reasonable dictates, this isn't the first time that WE have been reminded (and a few others would faithfully add their own brown-nosing gems of wisdom) that this is YOUR SITE and YOUR prerogative to do things, whether trivial or important, however you see fit. This gets very annoying and tedious and downright condescending after a while...Though, I realize that, on this occasion, you probably only really meant it as a passing remark, in humour..

Point is, I know I certainly don't need any reminding or convincing that you're boss on this board---your forum board. Besides, I can't think of any stand-out occasions in forum threads where anybody (certainly never myself) had churlishly challenged your authority or bad-manneredly criticized your decision and actions that your authority overriding all else, needs to be explicitly stated..Just something I thought I'd vent and point out, that's all..Again, I reckon you'd understand that I didn't mean to diss or disrespect you for no reason..

Btw, Joe, I noticed some annoying glitches while reading some of the forum posts in recent days in some threads, where several posts appear twice in succession, the emoticons don't appear with the text details showing in their place instead and stuff like that..

Other than that, I've sort of seamlessly adjusted to the Vbulletin format on our precious board here---cos all the other forum boards I've been a member of in the past few years and the 2-3 others that I still post in today, use exactly this style and scheme of things...
                            Last edited by RLP4ever; 09-10-2008, 03:29 AM.
                            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

for once I agree with RLP4ever; I was used to the old order; and the old order is in my mind as correct, as chronologically correct, which is the order I use to order my classical music collection (first year of birth of the composer, if equal year of death; within each composer, opus number, or if that doesn't exist, year of writing the piece).

So I preferred the old order.

I also agree with RLP3ever's other comments.

Now twice in a day, that's enough for the whole year!

Comment

Working...
                              X