Forum Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Time

I've noticed that at the bottom of the forum it tells what time it is, but it's about 15-20 minutes slow, is that just me?
    Iommi = Sabbath

No, it's for me too, except that in my case, the forum time is actually always 15 minutes ahead i.e 'fast'--not slower--than the real time.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

mines fast too, I'm eastern standard
      "I want to tell you, yeah
      How Good It Feels
      Sleeping here with you tonight
      And thatís for real"
      -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

I'm sorry, I meant that it's about 15 minutes fast, not slow.
        Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Yeah, I'm 15 minutes fast as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
            Yeah, I'm 15 minutes fast as well.
            Yeah, Mine as well.
            Tony Iommi Fact #021
            Before telling Tony Iommi his guitar was slightly out of tune, Ronnie James Dio was seven feet tall.

Stolen from: Tony Iommi Facts website.

Comment

It's Black Sabbath time, kind of like "Bar Time" but for this forum. :D
              "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Time on the board is 3 hours and fifteen minutes ahead of the time here at home for me.
                Where I was,I had wings that couldn't fly
                Where I was,I had tears I couldn't cry
                My emotions,Frozen in an icy lake
                I couldn't feel them,Until the ice began to break
                Bruce Dickinson-Tears Of The Dragon

Comment

Yeah we had a clock on the old forum too!!! But I never paid attention to that, If I wanted the time I look at my watch or the clock on the lower right hand of the screen of my computer.
                  Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Originally posted by MarcStitz View Post
                    Yeah we had a clock on the old forum too!!! But I never paid attention to that, If I wanted the time I look at my watch or the clock on the lower right hand of the screen of my computer.
                    Well the only reason I noticed was because I always check what time I am posting something and since I've been here on the new board it's always been like 15 minutes fast.
                    Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

For me, it's 1:45 behind my own time. Funny how these differences differ and how we don't have complete hours differences...
                      Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                      "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                        For me, it's 1:45 behind my own time. Funny how these differences differ and how we don't have complete hours differences...
                        Well that could also be that you don't have your "GMT" settings set right.
                        Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                          Well the only reason I noticed was because I always check what time I am posting something and since I've been here on the new board it's always been like 15 minutes fast.
                          Ah! That makes sense. Ok
                          Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                            Well that could also be that you don't have your "GMT" settings set right.
                            Or maybe not, actually...since we all agree that the forum time is '15 minutes' fast, I reckon Gardener's local 'time' (since he talks of 'forum time' currently being 1:45 "behind" his) is actually a full 2:00 hours ahead of forum time...That, in itself, looks weird to me, because I thought Gardener is in France, which ought to make him at least 5:00 hours ahead of the forum...Maybe I'm also a bit mixed up..

But Jordan, I also noticed the awry forum time because I usually glance at the posting times of my own and other thread posts that I'm reading..
                            "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
                              Or maybe not, actually...since we all agree that the forum time is '15 minutes' fast, I reckon Gardener's local 'time' (since he talks of 'forum time' currently being 1:45 "behind" his) is actually a full 2:00 hours ahead of forum time...That, in itself, looks weird to me, because I thought Gardener is in France, which ought to make him at least 5:00 hours ahead of the forum...Maybe I'm also a bit mixed up..

But Jordan, I also noticed the awry forum time because I usually glance at the posting times of my own and other thread posts that I'm reading..
                              That's initially how I noticed it in the first place. I post on quite a few boards, and I am familiar with the VBulliten software and stuff, and the time is definitely off. I'm not sure what the regular GMT setting is, but it's not California time.
                              Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Working...
                              X