New Forum Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Skin

I'm currently working on a new set of forum skins.

Since this skin already exists, I was wondering if folks wanted me to leave this here as an option when I implement the new skin - basically let people choose their own.

Thoughts?
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Yeah, I think it would be nice to have skins to choose from.

Welcome back! Hope you're feeling good!
    The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Options are always good.

Comment

I like this one. But I think options are best.
        The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

The new default is now in place. This "red" one.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I like it!
            The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

I like it better than before, doesn't hurt my eyes so much trying to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
                I like it better than before, doesn't hurt my eyes so much trying to read.
                Once I find some more time to play around with skins, I will offer what this red one replaced as an alternate, plus another one which I have not worked on at all as a third option.

But this red one will remain as the "default" one.

Comment

I love it Joe. Best work yet. Especially the background and the side menu on the left. Also like to add that it is looking very sharp.
                  "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Indeed. The skin looks good, Joe. The only real complaint I have, is the font in the posts; I prefer Verdana, but that's just a minor, minor grievance. Everything else is ace.

Welcome back man, I hope you're feeling better.

Comment

Thanks Joe! Welcome back and hope you're feeling all right!

I, unlike most of the folks here, didn't find the previous forum skin objectionable. But I do like this new one as well. It'll take a few days getting used to it but it's all right.
                      Last edited by Rover; 11-15-2008, 01:43 AM.
                      "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

eh, Im not complaining here. Its a million times better than the other one
                        Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

I love it, looks very eloquent

Comment

I love this black and red skin!!! It's very classy, and these dark/blood colors suit a Sabbath site so well.

Joe, you've done a bang up job on this. Anyone who doesn't like this needs to go and register on an Elton John forum site.

And stay there.....Hahaha.

Comment

Further tweak to the forums.

When I bought this skin, it came with a "fixed" width. I'm not a fan of that, as it squashes the available screen real estate, leaving less room for messages. However, it was a very nice skin, so I went with it.

I discovered tonight that I was able to change the width from 90% to 100%, so I've made everything a bit wider now. Should make things feel a bit less "cramped".

Comment

Working...
                              X