Help with Forgotten Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Forgotten Password

A little irritated with myself as I thought my BSO Forum password was one of the four or five "usual suspect" passwords I use for such sites. Turns out it isn't... so when my home PC crashed the other day trashing whatever repository stores "saved" passwords I find I am now unable to logon to the forums at home. Here at work it's working fine but I can't change the password without knowing what the old password is.

So I go through the "Forgotten Password" process on the logon screen... enter my email and the random number and then click the button which should send me an email with my new password. I know in the past the email has come through in a few moments, not now, I've tried 4 or 5 times over the last week and receieved no email.

I'm guessing the contact Joe facility may not be working either as I tried to use it in the middle of last week to request a reset and I've not heard anything back. Of course Joe may be away at the moment or otherwise busy.

Anyway, I'm hoping that Joe, Damian or TJ see this and can reset the password for me. I would be most grateful, as it was very frustrating browsing the forum over the weekend without being able to comment!
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

How are you posting now? I'm confused.
    You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
      How are you posting now? I'm confused.
      I'm at work right now. I have the BSO forum set to remember my logon details so I don't need to logon each time. At home when my PC crashed it lost the logon details. At work it still remembers them.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
        I'm at work right now. I have the BSO forum set to remember my logon details so I don't need to logon each time. At home when my PC crashed it lost the logon details. At work it still remembers them.

Maybe you can somehow get your password from there. Otherwise, find some way to contact Joe.
        You tried to suppress me
        I come around

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
          Maybe you can somehow get your password from there. Otherwise, find some way to contact Joe.
          You can't change you password without knowing what the old password was, which is the crux of my problem!

I posted here in the hope Joe or Damian might see it, I'll pursue other avenues in due course!

Comment

You can't change you password without knowing what the old password was, which is the crux of my problem!

I posted here in the hope Joe or Damian might see it, I'll pursue other avenues in due course!

Hopefully Joe or Damian will see this. I don't see them online much, though. Are there any other moderators. There might be some secret ones or something of that nature...
            You tried to suppress me
            I come around

Comment

Maybe it will come back to you. I just always use the same password for everything, it makes life a whole lot easier, and no one will figure it out.

You tried to suppress me
              I come around

Comment

KDC, if you're still having trouble getting a response and you're on FB maybe you could message him directly or through the Black Sabbath fans page to let him know of your little predicament.

Just a thought, if all else has failed.

Comment

What's your work browser? It's possible that you can recover the password from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                    KDC, if you're still having trouble getting a response and you're on FB maybe you could message him directly or through the Black Sabbath fans page to let him know of your little predicament.

Just a thought, if all else has failed.

Yeah FB crossed my mind too.

I tried another of the "contact us" links yesterday... we'll see.

It's just a nuisance at the moment, but come Christmas when I'm off work for 2 weeks I might get a bit "here's Johnny"!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      What's your work browser? It's possible that you can recover the password from it.
                      Firefox, but I'm not sure how I would go about that!
                      Last edited by KiloDeltaCharlie; 10-12-2015, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Firefox, but I'm not sure how I would go about that!
                        On Firefox it is possible to recover passwords.

I'm forced to use the finnish version so I'm 100% sure about my translations here

Go to Tools -> Settings
                        Then from the left Security (or something along those lines) there a tab Passwords and there you'll find saved passwords which opens a list of the pages you've saved passwords on then there's a "show passwords" tab, click on that and it'll show you all the passwords.

Comment

Ta, I'll try it when I get home.

Comment

Sadly the wrong sort of logon/password. If you logon to a website and you check a box which says "Remember Me" or such like, then that is saved on the website not the local PC.

Comment

Sadly the wrong sort of logon/password. If you logon to a website and you check a box which says "Remember Me" or such like, then that is saved on the website not the local PC.
                              Strange....mine is there and I've ticked the "remember me" box....

Comment

Working...
                              X