Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

The State of the Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The State of the Boards

Cliques can be nice, but it forgets something...the heavy metal community is a family. We ARE a clique. We're better as one big collective than anything else. It's the reason heavy metal's lasted so damn long and I see no reason for us to mess with the formula.
    http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ - my Tumblog (music reviews galore!)
    http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf - my Twitter
    http://www.facebook.com/rwarrell - my Facebook

Comment

You know if people disagree with me, that's fine. If you don't like me, that's fine. But to go and create a new board, and then post stuff like this:

Quote: WELCOME! To Freedom! Fuck Joe,that board is full of shit
      Is rather uncool. As I've stated, the reasons the board is the way it is is to prevent problems. People claim oppression or disrespect the moment anyone says anything negative. You're welcome to try to do your own thing, but that's happened before, and we've seen how well it's worked out.

You might find that being a board admin is a lot harder than you might realize. I Appreciate the attempt to fracture the community. Too bad you can't grasp the larger picture, and want to just focus on your own petty dislikes of structure and organization. Oh well. Your loss.

Good luck, and thanks for stabbing me in the back on the way out the door, and stealing my board's organizational layout too. It can't be that bad if you stole my structure, eh?

What I will NOT tolerate is the active attempt of others to say "Fuck Joe's board, come over to here" ON THIS BOARD. If you want to promote your board all over the place, that's fine. But not here. This is the equivalent of coming into Pizza Hut, and saying "Fuck them, go to Dominos!" I mean, do you think that kind of bullshit would be put up with? Fuck no. Don't try it here again. You wouldn't like me if I'm really pissed off. I guarantee it.
      Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
      View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

*blink* That's a bit going to far...I'm talking about the new board.
        "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

BTW, I've merged the King Leonids (sp?) account back into Eternal Idol. Seems less confusing that way.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Noted. Oh, he knows his password right? Stupid question I know, but I suggested him before that he should contact you guys to change it for him.
            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

I took care of that. If he wants in, he can.

Comment

Having been in the Myth online community since January 2004 (a long time for an online community), I know a fair bit about these things. Myth's been alive since Summer 1997. And from 2002-2007 we have a split community...it was the most devastating thing that ever happened and around 2003 it almost killed things off.
                http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ - my Tumblog (music reviews galore!)
                http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf - my Twitter
                http://www.facebook.com/rwarrell - my Facebook

Comment

I only want to say thank you, Joe & Staff, for your efforts in keeping this place bullshit-free. Thanks a lot, and keep it up.

Cheers.
                  The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Whoa...looks I missed something.

Comment

Originally Posted By: TheElfoid Cliques can be nice, but it forgets something...the heavy metal community is a family. We ARE a clique. We're better as one big collective than anything else. It's the reason heavy metal's lasted so damn long and I see no reason for us to mess with the formula.
                      That's true, that we're all one big community. I like pretty much all of you guys; but as with every board I frequent <span style="color: #666666">(I frequent about 4 others, in addition to this one)</span>, the will always be a small group of members I feel the closest to. Be it because of shared interests, shared opinions, shared sense of humor, etc.

This is the case, with me and my fellow Droogies. And I'm sure it's the case with... NWO, for example, and his fellow Spartans. Hell, even I feel like close friends with a couple of the Spartans.

It's probably true for you as well. Think about all the members on this board, there will more than likely be 3 or 4 that you consider yourself the closest to.

What I don't get, I guess, is why we're being coerced into "disbanding" these tight-knit groups of ours, all of a sudden. We've done nothing wrong, we haven't tried to hurt anyone. I can see Joe's reasoning, as his argument is true on a lot of other forums, that these "cliques" can be harmful. But I don't feel that that is the case here.

Comment

Quote: What I don't get, I guess, is why we're being coerced into "disbanding" these tight-knit groups of ours, all of a sudden. We've done nothing wrong, we haven't tried to hurt anyone. I can see Joe's reasoning, as his argument is true on a lot of other forums, that these "cliques" can be harmful.
                        If there's one thing I've learned you stop problems BEFORE they happen. Not afterwards.

Comment

I haven't been active as much as I would like to lately (work) but I love this place, and people like NoWayOut and Buttock are people I consider my friends (as well as everyone else) so I just hope everything can be resolved.

Cheers mates!

P.S. Glad you're not leaving Ray!

Comment

Originally Posted By: BloodshotGtr and people like NoWayOut and Buttock are people I consider my friends (as well as everyone else)
                            HEY! WHAT ABOUT ME?!?
                            So live for today
                            Tomorrow never comes

Comment

Originally Posted By: BloodshtBass
                              Originally Posted By: BloodshotGtr and people like NoWayOut and Buttock are people I consider my friends (as well as everyone else)
                              HEY! WHAT ABOUT ME?!?
                              Everybody seems to forget about the bassists.. * Bassist *

Can't you see what I see
                              You and I victims of Their word
                              As the master of power
                              Try to poison our world
                              ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

As a former IT and current psychology student, one thing I've noticed about the behaviour on this board is commonalities to almost all Internet boards: people who normally wouldn't talk the way they do if it were face-to-face feel as if they can do the poke-in-the-eye type of posts on the Net. And that's not just this board.

In fact, I'm a Christian (as many of you know), and I frequent very few Christian message boards because they can be downright nasty: "your doctrine is wrong," that sort of thing. This board is friendlier than a lot of those!

Of course, I have my fallibilities, such as getting annoyed at the "Black Sabbath is just 'War Pigs,' 'Paranoid,' 'Iron Man'" mindset. But I TRY not to make ad hominem attacks against an individual poster who may believe that way: "if you don't listen to Tony Martin, Dio, Hughes, Gillan, etc." you're just a narrow-minded twerp. I'm not always successful.

My way of dealing with posts that seem intent on attacking me personally (which have been very few)? I don't respond - that just adds fuel to the fire, and life's too short to deal with bullshit like that.

I don't think it's at all cool to insult Joe on this or any other board. When you call Joe or ANYONE a "Nazi" do you actually realise what you're saying? I've seen absolutely NOTHING to indicate that Joe is a follower of Adolf Hitler - THAT'S what a NAZI is.

And if people don't agree with me on something, I try not to get too bothered about it...life doesn't require anyone to agree with my opinions. Like my dad often said, "opinions are like assholes...everybody's got one and they all stink, but some stink more than others," and that includes my opinions.

Just my $.02.
                                He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Working...
                                X